GW Cam - Motion detection to trigger alarm that activates a preset

trainey927

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First time poster here.

I work for a small town and I recently purchased a GW 200IP PTZ Auto-Tracking camera to monitor a small parking lot in our town infamous for break-ins and thefts. Turns out the GW company was a poor choice for an expensive camera as they have no support, not even a website, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Here's the deal: We would like the camera (which is always recording) to view the entire parking lot, then when motion is detected on the road leading to the lot it would trigger an alarm which would trigger an action of zooming to a preset location at the parking lot entrance for 10 seconds to see the license plate then zoom back to the entire lot. Seems simple, right?

Well the web configuration page has no options for triggering an action when motion is detected so I've gone into the OSD settings and thought I had it set-up properly but the camera never zooms to the preset location.

Is anyone familiar enough with this OSD system to help me troubleshoot my setup? or know of a camera management software that is capable of doing what I've described and works with this camera?
Thanks
OSD main menu screenshot.pngOSD alarm menu screenshot.png