H-IPC-HDW5442TM-AS - Help with "Direct to Disc" recording in Blueiris

JK200SX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased this camera:
and I must say the picture quality is amazing, especially at night.
I've only just started playing with this cam for the last hr or so, and I've run into a problem that someone can help me fix?
When the Video Compression parameter in the Record Tab is set to re-encoding, rather than "Direct to disc", everything works fine. When I set the video compression to "Direct to Disc", and then press ok/save, the camera just stops and doesn't restart, ie it just stays on the screen as the vertical coloured test pattern.
Does anyone know whats gone wrong, and how to fix it?

thank you.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
How have got the cam itself configured in terms of h264, h265, nitrate, frame rate etc. and what hardware acceleration settings are you using in BI.

Might be worth disabling all hardware acceleration in BI for that cam to see if it improves things.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased this camera:
and I must say the picture quality is amazing, especially at night.
I've only just started playing with this cam for the last hr or so, and I've run into a problem that someone can help me fix?
When the Video Compression parameter in the Record Tab is set to re-encoding, rather than "Direct to disc", everything works fine. When I set the video compression to "Direct to Disc", and then press ok/save, the camera just stops and doesn't restart, ie it just stays on the screen as the vertical coloured test pattern.
Does anyone know whats gone wrong, and how to fix it?

thank you.
Tried rebooting the BI pc