Ha! Robbery foiled!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ha, karma's a bitch.
Don't discount the old guys. ;)

They were lucky, he had the hammer cocked, and finger on the trigger. Wouldn't of taken much to fire a round.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ha, karma's a bitch.
Don't discount the old guys. ;)

They were lucky, he had the hammer cocked, and finger on the trigger. Wouldn't of taken much to fire a round.
Yep, that 10-15 pound trigger was in a 2-5 pound condition. Very lucky it never went off.

Dudester

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats the checker taking notes? Whay does she wait so long before picking up the phone?

Reaction score
I'm certain that's the absolute opposite of what you are supposed to do in that situation, but glad it turned out "ok" for everyone involved. The moment I was most worried was when the gun was pointed at the poor lady coming around the end cap with her sandwich or whatever and he pointed the gun in her direction and the old guy struck him from behind. In this situation the old guy turned out to be a sort of hero, but that whole situation could have definitely turned tragic.

Was a little funny to me that before reaching for his wallet he paused for a moment to take off his glasses and set them on the counter. Feels like he had made up his mind at that point.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wish I could see exactly how Cowboy Hat dislodged the weapon from the suspect's shooting hand. Yes, Cowboy could have gotten shot in the leg/foot while he had the suspect's shooting arm pinned down. But Cowboy did some Not-my-first-rodeo maneuvers that won the day.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
[QUOTE="crw030, post: 267732, member: 18313"
Was a little funny to me that before reaching for his wallet he paused for a moment to take off his glasses and set them on the counter. Feels like he had made up his mind at that point.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He was waiting for the moment to make his move. The lady coming around the corner distracted the robber and the man made his move.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the checker taking notes? Whay does she wait so long before picking up the phone?
It's much worse than that. When she finally picks up the phone, she untangles the cord first. Then when she finally calls 911 after close to 30 seconds she immediately hangs up. Something isn't right upstairs. Though in a hold up triggering the silent alarm would be my first choice like a foot rail. But that assumes they actually provide employees with some training on what to do in a hold up.

Attachments

Last edited: