Had camera working on BI, IP address changed now cant get into them what do i do

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i thought i have to go to initialize again and change IP but i cant even find them in the IP config tool

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I do with Dahua and Amcrest cams:
  • Configure PC's NIC to static IP of 192.168.1.20, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, no gateway or DNS needed.
  • Run cable from PC's NIC directly to cam if powered with 12VDC or run cable from PC's NIC to POE injector or POE switch which is connected to cam.
  • Hard reset cam, wait 60 seconds.
  • Open browser to 192.168.1.108 to launch cam's webGUI, set up user/pass.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what I had to do recently as well and it worked.

Tips:

1. Hold reset down on the camera for at least 10 seconds

2. As Tony says, make sure the camera is connected direct to the pc ie if using dual NIC's, plug the camera into the LAN connection as Config may not see it in the second network card. Ignore any error saying you cannot configure the cameras over LAN. The software is seeing a LAN but in reality the cameras are connected directly.

3. Next to the search icon in the config tool there's a setting icon. You may need to click on this and enter in an IP range to search - if resetting use: 192.168.1.108 - 192.168.1.109 for Dahua as .108 is the standard address. Enter your password as well into the relevent field (manually do NOT cut and paste it in!!! - my big issue), then re-search. Your camera should then show in the search results and you can change the IP / intialise it and reconfigure it from there by checking the box next to it.

4. Write your in camera settings - image etc down before resetting your camera (useless here if you can't contact it atm) but good tip to do before this situation happens - write or screenshot them once you've set the camera up so you have them to re-enter if in this situation where you need to re-set your camera.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah call me a caveman or whatever, I havent had much luck with either my laptop or my BI PC by unplugging them from the network going Static and hooking a cam direct to initialize it or reset it. Probably something i missed.
I have had luck using a 4 port poe switch with one cable patched to "live Modem/router" so it can use it's DHCP pool or " see my PC" and then I can get an App like AMcrest IPconfig to see it.
Or sometimes ill plug the futhermucker into my NVR and wait 60 seconds and the do a device search. If I find it, I make a trip to the network/TCP/IP tab and change the IP address to what I need.
But dont try my way...until last.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Having DHCP cams disappear on you and refinding them and straightening that shit out, will make you a networking journeyman as far as Cams and BI goes.
I coulda swore up and down I had followed the Cardinal rule of Static IP's for all my cams.
But a power outage taught me a thing or two .
All came back except two.
( apparently) I had left them DHCP or the changes werent saved correctly.
Mr. "Hey lemme help you out" D-link router assigned them a DHCP address of willy fuckin Nilly.
it was about a good 45 minutes of Fuckaroo trying to figure it out.

Last edited: