Hallway Camera Selection

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all!

I've spent a few hours browsing and haven't been able to come up with a great solution - I'm essentially looking for a POE cam that looks like a typical 'security system' motion detector. I don't care so much about hiding the cameras, more about the aesthetics of having turrets inside the house. I stumbled across DH-HAC-HUM1220A-PIR edit which is essentially what I'm looking for, however it isn't POE and, more importantly, isn't available anywhere. Anybody know of any alternates?

Would love to hear any other suggestions as well!

Ken

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
dahua had a 8MP pir model, .. but its also EoL .. they sell it now as IMOU LOOC ...

also only indoor (not waterproof) dahua or hikvision cube.. they look more like a 'security pir sensor'

if you need better picture, you can buy a better model with alarm input and a cheap relay pir sensor... or trust the software motion detection and use ivs/smd...

we dont know for what you need it and if pir is a need.. but any 'aesthetic' BS may give you a bad picture. so you may cannot identify anything, but camera looks good on wall... wow..

i have a friend who is using a czech alarm system with these pir sensor/camera included combination... the picture is really... really... bad ...

its 640×480 and made by hikvision...

jablotron-ja-160pc-7.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not exactly what you're looking for as far as looking like a PIR but still relatively small:

Also the little Dahua and Hikvision cube cams which aren't much larger (and actually do have PIR).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful responses - does anybody know where I can purchase the HikVision models? They don't seem to be available anywhere

The main purpose for these cameras is for motion detection/tracking throughout the house, I don't care about being able to identify with the footage as that is handled at the outside and entries of the house

Also - I tried ordering the 2.1MP camera that TonyR mentioned but that website gave the following error "We currently only sell to resellers in the ship to state. Please fill out the appropriate resale form and email it to customerservice@pimfg.com. Do not send if your intent is for internal use." any ideas?

Where do you guys buy your cams from?

Thanks!

Ken

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score

K42 Cube from andy (contact him via email)

or K22 cube... (2mp, maybe better nightview)

it seems that they sell them now also as imou ..
but beware... some imou models dont have webinterface ... so you have to find out whats going on

DAHUA = IMOU

edit:

according to this video, they have the webinterface... but i would choose 2MP model !

(it seems the same hardware as K22 and K42)

(i think both are sold directly from dahua)
now the link points to the poe version.. there is one with "wifi no poe" and one with "poe no wifi"

or hikvision cube.. (i would choose the 2mp model maybe you get better night vision)

DS-2CD2425FWD should be the model number
but they are really expensive at the moment... they were sold for around 80USD last year.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score