Handling Projects.

Fidal

Banned
Reaction score
Hello guys..
I am working with many projects, I did not have any background about these Projects?
my concern is that I am in need to know all these projects and to know all the details about each project but I do not know what is the best way to start?
and for professional people who handled projects before what is the idea and the new strategies that can be used during working with projects or after or even before working with projects.

Fidel,,,

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is very difficult to understand what you are asking for. A good start is to try and ask your question again, but with less words this time. If I had to paraphrase it, you are involved with many projects, but were not involved in the beginning. You need to understand how the projects work, but don't know where to start. You are looking on this forum because your projects are related to IP cameras in some way, and are looking for help to get started?

Fidal

Banned
Reaction score
wassap guys, ya your right my projects are mostly Camera installation and low current installation.. and ya you repeated my question

you know I was in California and Michigan but recently I moved to Middle East... for my business

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
wassap guys, ya your right my projects are mostly Camera installation and low current installation.. and ya you repeated my question

you know I was in California and Michigan but recently I moved to Middle East... for my business
You didnt ask a question...thats the problem.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
I spent 6 years in the Middle East and as far as CCTV goes I saw some sights I'll never be able to un-see. I do however have a massive folder of photos titled "how not to do shit" which includes a gentleman making a precision bracket for an aerobridge using some strip-steel, a hammer and a brick, and a great video of it taking 16 "site-engineers" to bend one 20mm galv conduit (again, at the airport oddly enough).

If I were to offer you any advice related to projects, I'd say this :

Regardless of the stage of project, start at the beginning. If you are designing the CCTV system, go back to the risk assessment. If you are a contractor, go back to the design documents. Take a 10,000ft view of the building and see what the designer was trying to achieve.
Actually, I'm going to assume from here on that you are the contractor, because if you are the designer and asking these questions then the client needs a refund.

When examining a complex system, start at first principles. If you get lost go back to the start , and keep doing this until you get it. Ask questions. If you need to find someone who actually knows the answer, look until you do.

One thing that was endemic in the Middle East was that everyone was an expert. Nobody would ever admit they didn't know the answer and they'd bullshit you until you went away. It's a face-saving cultural thing and annoying as hell. I've actually seen a guy stand there and tell his boss the building was going well as a wall literally fell down behind him. It's why Duabi Airport T2/C3 took 6 years to build instead of the original 3. Nobody would admit there was a problem and therefore you couldn't fix it.

I wish you the best of luck, but to be honest by the sounds of things you're a bit out of your depth. No worries, plenty of people have been thrown in at the deep end and learned to swim. They just didn't do it by asking oddly phrased questions on a random web forum. They did it by asking knowledgeable people to explain stuff to them, but you can only get a good answer to a good question, and your questions thus far have been a bit mushy (and I'm being polite).

Learn to ask a good, specific question and you'll get 10 answers. 8 will be "shoot from the hip by armchair experts", but 2 of them will be accurate answers by people who've been there and done that.

I don't miss the middle east, but I do miss the magnitude of the projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Step 1) Check if your gmail notifications work before attempting any project work.

Fidal

Banned
Reaction score
Brad_C honestly Middle East addiction it is way better than America.. In America few days and you will be board but here you can do good business.by the way I am the owner and we do the projects in different places but i want to be very knowledgeable about these projects. come to middle east visit it is good weather nowadays, by the way i would like to introduce you to my sons Del Boy, and fenderboy lool since i came to middle east, they are nice people by my hands i grew them up hahahahaha brb

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
No thanks. Like I said, 6 years in the sand was enough. The countries are beautiful but the weather is oppressive and I'm just incompatible with the people, culture and business practices.

i can't comment on America as I've never done business there. I have a lot of family there and I've visited a number of times, but it's not somewhere I ever want to live.

As the "owner" of the business, I hope you've surrounded yourself with good, knowledgable people who *do* understand the projects you are doing. Get them to explain it to you. Asking here is kinda half time wasting and half attempting to showboat and falling pretty flat.

Fidal

Banned
Reaction score
I hope you've surrounded yourself with good, knowledgable people who *do* understand the projects you are doing. Get them to explain it to you. Asking here is kinda half time wasting and half attempting to showboat and falling pretty flat.
I am sorry i disagree with you in my experience i have met very very expert people in forums and they were more knowledgeable than people in my job. Do not think because we are on internet and on forum people are beginners !! I advise to change this idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry i disagree with you in my experience i have met very very expert people in forums and they were more knowledgeable than people in my job. Do not think because we are on internet and on forum people are beginners !! I advise to change this idea.
No he never said users on the forum are not experts...he said that YOU are not. Its really that simple. Your questions evidence a lack of knowledge. If you wont admit that you are in over your head, then you cannot be helped.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That teaches @Brad_C to be so helpful! Unfortunately some people can't be helped.

Fidal

Banned
Reaction score
whassup my sons in every post you come like bugs there are thousands of posts in this forum go to any of them.. why only Fidel Castro posts are very important and you are only bugs. by the way, how is your mother i dated her long time ago.. that's for both of you? I am sure the DNA will tell you who am I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
whassup my sons in every post you come like bugs there are thousands of posts in this forum go to any of them.. why only Fidel Castro posts are very important and you are only bugs. by the way, how is your mother i dated her long time ago.. that's for both of you? I am sure the DNA will tell you who am I
I'll give you one more chance...post nonsense spam like this and you will be banned.