Happy Landings Camera setup.

Hazmot

n3wb
Reaction score
I experiment around with tracking airplanes ,satellites, and UFO's (not to many ufo's) using Dahua ptz cameras. It is an interesting hobby. There is this fellow on YouTube who has a very neat tracking system at las Vegas International Airport. He is very secretive about his system but I believe he uses some ip cameras. If you care to look I have a link to view his channel. This is a clip showing the detection (green boxes) around the aircraft. I know he has several cameras including one that had a mirror lens on it. I am interested in hearing what you think.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was out on my deck with phone and saw this one. Nothing in visible range cam or with naked eye and binoculars.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
The video shows a pretty cool setup. Nothing extremely out of the ordinary, but it is neat to see a bunch of different ideas rolled into one. Obviously he is pulling aircraft tracking information from the web and overlaying it onto his camera. A lot of people do something similar with Blue Iris and current weather conditions, etc. A couple of spotter cameras and a decent PTZ camera or two and "Bobs your Uncle"..... :)

Hazmot

n3wb
Reaction score
Would you care to speculate on what camera he might be using that was able detect the aircraft with the green bounding boxes? I need to use Dahua cameras for my software tracker. I do have Blue Iris also. I was looking at the Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR but I could not find any videos of it detecting and tracking aircraft.
I made a short video of my tracker setup using Dahua ptz's. The software is a program called otdau. The video shows the output of otdau program.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll make a guess that he's using some form of AI and has built and trained his own model to work with the AI.

Hazmot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I am familiar with that software developer and have purchased his program. The video I posted is running his program. What I am trying to find out is if the newer Dahua cameras like the SD5A425XA-HNR will track an aircraft. There is a pdf from Dahua that might indicate that it would. I know its a stretch.
1656403747163.png