Hard drive full? Hik DS-7616NI-E2 8P

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, just installed another 2 cameras today (now up to 6 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS). When I go into my NVR and look at the Storage, it is telling me there is 0 free space in my hard drive.

I do plan on getting another drive shortly but am currently using just one 3TB WD Purple with all cameras on continuous recording. Occurred to me that I don't recall how the NVR manages storage. I.e., does it simply continue to record and rewrites old items. How do I know how many days of storage it takes before filling up and rewriting (if it is rewriting!), etc?

Thanks.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See if you are set to overwrite. Also once you fill up a hard drive you will always have no free space even when you overwrite.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, have it set to "read/write", assume that is all I need to do. It's obviously writing as I can see recent playback, was curious if there was anything else I needed to do though.

When I add a second hard drive, if I set it to r/w, does it simply expand the number of days being recorded, vs setting it to redundancy which I assume just duplicates the footage on the first harddrive?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you do not have redundancy set, you will double your days of recordings