Hard reset up cameras

Reaction score
My NVR died and I purchased a new NVR. The new one uses Hilook op and cameras have Mxeye op. There is no reset button. I can see any location on the board to do a reset
Serial/console/TTY port is that set of four holes near the upper-left corner. Use a USB-to-serial cable, use PuTTY to login as root, and do it via software. Don't ask me how, I haven't messed with the MxEye stuff in years.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My NVR died and I purchased a new NVR. The new one uses Hilook op and cameras have Mxeye op. There is no reset button. I can see any location on the board to do a reset
Why do you need to do things with the cameras when it's the NVR that you replaced?
What type was the NVR?

Bill Shuey

n3wb
Reaction score
Serial/console/TTY port is that set of four holes near the upper-left corner. Use a USB-to-serial cable, use PuTTY to login as root, and do it via software. Don't ask me how, I haven't messed with the MxEye stuff in years.
Thank you I will try

Bill Shuey

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I can not find a cable to connect it. If I knew the wiring diagram I could make one from a USB cable. Can not find ANY 4 jumper cable here in Thailand

Reaction score
Well I can not find a cable to connect it. If I knew the wiring diagram I could make one from a USB cable. Can not find ANY 4 jumper cable here in Thailand

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.