Hardware Monitoring...

Injunfarian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone monitor their hardware using a app to log the data at all? if so what do you use? I looked and seems like Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget was popular but not activity in a long time unfortunately...

I see some posts of people stating CPU load, processor temp etc so I was wondering if people were using a logging app or simply just periodically checking all of that.

DigitalPackrat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a bit old school but I have SNMP monitoring through CACTI for everything I care about on the network. On the windows clients like BI, I add SNMP informant to pull a bit more data. Its great for monitoring disk/CPU/RAM/network usage and uptime for the system or individual processes then sending email alerts at a specified threshold.

1681435811531.png
1681435957180.png

Injunfarian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm a bit old school but I have SNMP monitoring through CACTI for everything I care about on the network. On the windows clients like BI, I add SNMP informant to pull a bit more data. Its great for monitoring disk/CPU/RAM/network usage and uptime for the system or individual processes then sending email alerts at a specified threshold.
Thank you, I looked into it but does not seem to be available for Windows 11.

DigitalPackrat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, works fine on Win 11. You do need to install SNMP in Windows apps/optional features first. The one issue I have had with Win 10 and 11 is every major update, ie. Win 11 21h2 to Win 11 22h2 I have to uninstall then reinstall SNMP informant. Fortunately is is a quick install compared to the other apps Microsoft manages to break every major update.