Hardware requirement?

Keylock32

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been reading almost every hardware related, so in conclusion
B.I need CPU with Quicksync or at least Quicksync would boost performance tremendously and also using windows 10? to utilize it?

Unfortunately in my case, I can't afford to spend $300, and even if I had that amount of money, it would cost more to build i5 skylake system here.

I have multiple computers, but unfortunately none of it have Quicksync.
Does quicksync is a must? How bad B.I runs on G2010 CPU with 2 camera?
is it really that bad to use Intel G1840 for B.I? Max camera would be 4-6, for starter I can only afford 2 Cam. G1840 is the lowest(cheapest) Haswell CPU that had Quicksync.

Should I go that route or should I go for i3 2100 route? or even go for J1900 for lower power consumption.
Honestly I am quite surprised to see most people only recommend i5 (or higher) to get, while I understand the premise, but I think at least there's should be categorized or something similar.
Example:
2-4 cams Pentium
5-8 cams i3
more than 9 i5 or higher.

I mean, not every house/company/soho need or could afford 16 camera system.

abelmj

n3wb
Reaction score
I run Blue Iris on a Windows 10 refurbished Dell Desktop that has an i3 chip and 8G RAM that I picked up at Micro Center in Chicago. If that's all I run on it (in addition to antivirus of course), it performs adequately. I have 12 Dlink DCS-930L IP cameras (I connect them via ethernet, but the do support WiFi - make sure you have a good 2.4GHz router) and 1 Logitech USB Camera (C920) that feed my BI. My CPU avg is about 63%. I am running BI V3.66

Last edited: