Hardware reset Dahua IPC 3Mp, Lite series

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a camera without having very much knowledge about Dahua portfolio. I’ve had only good feed-back about the brand.

On my camera there is a code I have hard time to find details on the internet: SAM-4411.
After several deep searches, I believe it's the range IPC-HDBW2320R.
The camera appeared “initialized” in "configtool", but its password isn't admin, unfortunately… Consequently, I cannot reconfigure or access the camera.
I looked for the HW reset button, but the motherboard is camera’s base is not having it and most of the board is not populated with components.

I tried to find information about the board contacts to shortcut for a reset, but I didn’t find anything. The technical guide I found (2017) speaks in page 31 about an older board version, I guess.

Any hint about how to perform a HW reset to my camera?

Thanks

Attachments

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Short-circuit the two points of the red coil , and power on for about 5-10 seconds

Attachments

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
It works, thanks! Slightly different procedure: with camera powered-on, short circuit on the points you pointed-out, in arond 7 seconds the camera reboots (can be seen on PoE switch). Starting from there, the camera is reset, it’s configuration can be started from 0 with ConfigTool..