Hardware Specification and demo query

mrh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to Blue Iris - spent this weekend getting to grips with it on an existing Windows Home Server.

The current spec is an "AMD Turion II Neo Dual Core 2.2gz with 4gb RAM". This is coping with 3 old, lower res, FOSCAM camera. Don't think it'll cope with much more!

I'm looking at a "i5 Dell OptiPlex Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz 8 GB RAM 320gb" which I'll hope to run with the 3 foscams plus 4-off hi res Hikvision cameras.

Do you think the i5 above will cope with 7 cameras?

Does anyone know if the demo version allow the "direct to disk" to function, or is this in the full version only?

I've already learnt a lot from these forums - thanks to all the contributors.

Thanks

Matthew

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to Blue Iris - spent this weekend getting to grips with it on an existing Windows Home Server.

The current spec is an "AMD Turion II Neo Dual Core 2.2gz with 4gb RAM". This is coping with 3 old, lower res, FOSCAM camera. Don't think it'll cope with much more!

I'm looking at a "i5 Dell OptiPlex Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz 8 GB RAM 320gb" which I'll hope to run with the 3 foscams plus 4-off hi res Hikvision cameras.

Do you think the i5 above will cope with 7 cameras?

Does anyone know if the demo version allow the "direct to disk" to function, or is this in the full version only?

I've already learnt a lot from these forums - thanks to all the contributors.

Thanks

Matthew
Welcome to the forum. Do not buy that first generation i5-650, its weak, power hungry and does not support quicksync as compared to a modern haswell fourth gen system. You can buy a haswell i5-4590 based system with 3 year warranty for 300. Search the forum for optiplex or elitedesk.
The demo version does not support direct to disk.

mrh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

I'll avoid the i5-650 - explains why it was cheap.

I'm in the UK - can't see anything for the equivalent of $300 - but at least I know what I'm looking for now.

Many thanks

Matthew

mrh

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant - I should be able to pick up a system for under £200 tomorrow. The 4590 systems are over £150 more! Many thanks.