Has anyone been able to get the audio to work with BI? (IP5M-T1273EW-AI, Night Color AI Turret)

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been searching this forum and Google for quite a while looking for a solution, but have yet to find one.
I have tried the various audio encoder option (ulaw,alaw,etc) and get nothing in BI.
BI does not give me the option to enable live audio, it is grayed out.
I can connect directly to the camera in a browser and hear audio, so I know the camera producing it.
I have made sure in BI that audio is enabled for that camera.
I'm trying to listen to the live audio directly in BI, not via the web or mobile app UI.
I am running BI on my desktop computer (for testing this), not through a VM or over RDP/VNC.

I have tied letting BI configure the camera via ONVIF, I have also manually selected Amcrest in the "Make" dropdown box, all without any results.

Thanks,
Carlton

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the Dahua settings in BI.
I thought about trying that but I have no idea which model of Dahua to choose that would be compatible with my Amcrest.
Is there a cross-reference somewhere that provides that information?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
is there an audio over TCP/Ip enable/disable toggle anywhere in the Web GUI?
I seem to remember something to that effect, when enabling audio on my 4108 NVR with a 5442 Turret.
Then it passed the Audio along to BI.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You say your in Blue-Iris directly, which should have you logged in under local_console account, make sure audio listen/talk is enabled. I about pulled my hair out trying figure out why my audio wasn't working and this was why.

1.PNG

Last edited:

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You say your in Blue-Iris directly, which should have you logged in under local_console account, make sure audio listen/talk is enabled. I about pulled my hair out trying figure out why my audio wasn't working and this was why.

View attachment 105235
Wow, thank you! That was indeed the problem...I never thought to check the user permissions, would not have thought that if they can view the video that audio would have been a separate permission.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 105235
Good call since that turned out to e the OP's issue! :headbang:
Strange..maybe an update or errant mouse click unchecked / disabled that?

I've used BI since '13 thru v3, 4 and now 5, have updated 5 twice since May '20 and never had that disabled in any user, especially local_console, where one would think that by default it WOULD be checked / enabled.

But reading the glitches happening after some of the more recent updates I think it behooves us (wow..haven't use that in a long time) to not make any assumptions. I know it's hard for me to get away from that.