Has anyone completely removed their doorbell?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I was just thinking, who rings my doorbell?

UPS/FedEx/Amazon don't ring it anyway. If I order a Pizza I keep an eye out, neighbors text me. The only people who ring my doorbell are door to do salesman. And if someone walks up to my door, I get DeepStack alerts for a person anyway

Anyone here just flat out remove their doorbell?

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighbours used to ring my doorbell, when they were unhappy.

I told them to never step foot on my property again and to only communicate via text or letter.

They blocked my mobile number, so we can no longer text, I guess that’s a win?!:lmao:

Doorbell stays though so I can get a unique push notifications for anyone else with doorbell pushing intent.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about it but since it is doing it's job it will probably stay. When it dies I may go back to a regular CAM. Presently I have my DB recording 24/7 and Motion events, it seems to do what I want. I could have a better Cam there but my Front Cams take care of other angles. True, very little Ringing these days.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im going to remove mine when I finally get time to put the new VTO2301R-P video doorbell up in its place. My doorbell doesnt work most of the time so Im trying to use that as justification for putting up the video bell lol. I already have a wedge cam mounted on the side wall next to the door so I figure my wife might complain... but I can refocus it for looking down at the door where packages are placed...right now its in corridor mode so I can see both people and packages