Has anyone had success with the Arming Schedule (on Motion Detection)??

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a North American DS-2CD2032-I with firmware 5.3.0.
It's set up for triggered video recording.
The motion detection works fine (though it's a little too sensitive), but the camera ignores the Arming Schedule. I've configured it to be armed from 9pm to 7am, but it still records motion-triggered video clips 7x24.

Is this a known bug in the 5.3.0 firmware, or have I overlooked some other detail in the configuration?

Thanks.

2016-08-18_07-58-41.png

pedrokv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think (I don't have this model, but I had same "issue" with NVR when adding new camera), you have to look in another submenu. In this menu you set how it will react on something. There should be another menu, where you set, when and on what condition it will record-continuous recording, alarm/motion detection etc.

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
I think (I don't have this model, but I had same "issue" with NVR when adding new camera), you have to look in another submenu. In this menu you set how it will react on something. There should be another menu, where you set, when and on what condition it will record-continuous recording, alarm/motion detection etc.
@pedrokv,
Děkuji za odpověď.
I have looked all over for other menus that might control the arming schedule. On the 2032 camera, one selects how it will react to a motion event on the same web page, right below the arming schedule. You can see that selection box in the screenshot I posted.

There is another web page for defining the Record Schedule, and there I can set the times for recording (continuous, motion, alarm, etc). I have found I can use the Record Schedule to disable motion recording during the day.

But my question remains: what does the Arming Schedule do? It seems to have no bearing on arming/disarming the motion detection function in terms of recording. Perhaps it controls the other possible (i.e., non-recording) actions: Notify Surveillance Centre, Send Email and Upload to FTP. I'll have to do some more experimentation to see if I can figure it out.

Once again, I am left unimpressed by Hikvision UI, design, and documentation.

Last edited by a moderator: