Has Anyone Here Tested the SD1A203T-GN Yet (2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera)?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This PTZ Dome Camera is similar to SD12200T-GN, but contains built in Infra-red up to 50ft. Would be potentially useful in a small-scale environment. What do you all think?

SD1A203T-GN

2MP 3x (Optical Zoom) Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera

Minimum Illumination
Color: 0.005Lux@F1.6; 0Lux@F1.6 (IR on)

Focal Length
2.7mm~8.1mm

Max. Aperture
F1.8

Last edited:

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This PTZ Dome Camera is similar to SD12200T-GN, but contains built in Infra-red up to 50ft. Would be potentially useful in a small-scale environment. What do you all think?

SD1A203T-GN

Minimum Illumination

Focal Length
2.7mm~8.1mm

Max. Aperture
F1.8
Have not tested but that is exactly what I've been looking for to replace some older mini ptz cameras. I will be ordering some.. I'm guessing these must have just came out- never seen these before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How strange. I just saw that last night, and was going to ask almost the same question. In fact it (they) was still open on my computer. Plus.., what really stands out is the wide HFOV (IMO). I have recently noticed that there are virtually no security or conference PTZ cameras with wide angle (greater than about 70 deg) horizontal FOV. I suspect it is hard to keep the distortion from the lens under control. In general i don't care about the wide angle past about 85 deg due to lost pixels, but in this case, i want to place the camera close to people and observe them. I like that it is small and a Starlight with WDR. @EMPIRETECANDY , can you get either of these?

I would really like to get a software solution for video conference use, such that it presents itself as a USB camera. This would be almost perfect to get the front participants and the distant white board. A 10x zoom would be better without loosing the FOV, but that simply does to exist in any form as far as i can tell.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

SD1A203T-GN

Minimum Illumination

Focal Length
2.7mm~8.1mm

Max. Aperture
F1.8
Where did you find these available?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Listed on Dahua's website, but currently not in stock as its a new model, will be available on sale shortly, I'd check back at this thread once more information in terms of pricing and availability is available. Cheers :)

@EMPIRETECANDY

Where did you find these available?

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This would be perfect for the front door area of my house.
I could see anyone coming up to the door and then still be able to check and see if there are packages.
Waiting to see if Andy can get this.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wondering if this can be vertically mounted without using any mounts or adaptors...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I'd like to see if this can be mounted directly onto a wall, vertically, without a mount. Can drill a 3/4" hole into the wall to route the necessary cable. However, from design perspective seems to me it is designed to be originally mounted in a horizontal plane, but special mount is available to affix vertically and position / hold camera horizontally. How much do you think would the camera stick out if it is mounted using the wall mount (PFB305W + PFA107)?

Here are the brackets details, i think can hang on the ceiling directly too.
View attachment 25949

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How strange. I just saw that last night, and was going to ask almost the same question. In fact it (they) was still open on my computer. Plus.., what really stands out is the wide HFOV (IMO). I have recently noticed that there are virtually no security or conference PTZ cameras with wide angle (greater than about 70 deg) horizontal FOV. I suspect it is hard to keep the distortion from the lens under control. In general i don't care about the wide angle past about 85 deg due to lost pixels, but in this case, i want to place the camera close to people and observe them. I like that it is small and a Starlight with WDR. @EMPIRETECANDY , can you get either of these?

I would really like to get a software solution for video conference use, such that it presents itself as a USB camera. This would be almost perfect to get the front participants and the distant white board. A 10x zoom would be better without loosing the FOV, but that simply does to exist in any form as far as i can tell.
Hmmm....someone needs to do a proper review. I'm curious how noisy it will be when it actually pans/zooms.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Good point, but the foam factor (small and compact) is perfect---the efficiency we'll see as soon as it is available :D

Hmmm....someone needs to do a proper review. I'm curious how noisy it will be when it actually pans/zooms.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought the pan,tilt only SD 12200T GN from Andy's EmpireTech a few weeks ago. I'll let tangent do a full review when he gets it, as he is a lot more knowledgeable than I am. But I will say it is a typical excellent low-light starlite cam. I jury-rigged it (one screw) up to a wall mountupload_2018-1-25_14-38-5.png