Has Anyone Here Tested the SD1A203T-GN Yet (2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera)?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks @tangent and @BillG
@tangent: What is the reference of the metal plate with keyholes you posted ?

@BillG: if possible, can you take some closer picture of the SD1A203T-GN and PFB203W

What is your impression about this camera ? Is it good for indoor ?

Reaction score
Being new to Alibaba it won't let me purchase until after I verify my account with proof of idea/ bank statement/ photo of card. Is there any other way? Seems like a lot of info to give out just to make an account.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
upload_2018-3-20_15-42-10.pngJust have the chance to ask dahua warehouse guy take a pic for this cam(wifi version) WIRED one same LOOKING, this cam use black panel, base is silver. Maybe this is can called a black cam? lol.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a reason why it is black like that? Too much IR reflectivity?
That was the first question the wife had and of course she didn't want it to be black. The pic of the one billg had a few posts ago wasn't black. Is this a different model?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
lol, i still not get the cam, i checked the dahua pic on their website, because this cam has IR light i think if the white or sliver will have bad reflect, I think so the same as you.

upload_2018-3-20_17-27-15.png

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was the first question the wife had and of course she didn't want it to be black. The pic of the one billg had a few posts ago wasn't black. Is this a different model?
This dome has also the black style...
The consumer line dome d26.
Product-Dahua Consumer

I am also curious, what the reason is for black.

Reaction score
This dome has also the black style...
The consumer line dome d26.
Product-Dahua Consumer

I am also curious, what the reason is for black.
The only thing the D26 has in common with the SD1A203T-GN is the black base. Even the spec sheet says night vision, but does not mention IR unless I missed it. Really not a comparable camera, it's not even a Starlight sensor, PTZ or can zoom in.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BillG posted a picture of the SD12200T-GN which doesn't have IR emitters built in. The SD1A20*T-GN has IR light built in and that is the reason for the black.

The thing I'm unsure of is which parts of the black region are metal and which are plastic. From photos I'm thinking the plastic part might only be the sloped ring at the outside and that the IR emitters are in this region, because they aren't in the dome. The other question would be do the IR emitters move as you pan and tilt or are they just in fixed locations 120 degrees apart?

I imagine the black on the flat inner region with the dahua logo was chosen to reduce reflection. This is part is probably metal.

Last edited:

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also no zoom on the SD12200T-GN, just pan, tilt. (motorized)

Last edited:

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uggh. I love the idea of a small ptz like this, but can't do the black even if the reason for it makes sense.
I'll have to either find something else or come up with an alternative mount or paint it or.... something.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Review: Dahua Starlight Mini PT Dome SD12200T-GN is now posted, but more will be added to it soon.

Uggh. I love the idea of a small ptz like this, but can't do the black even if the reason for it makes sense.
I'll have to either find something else or come up with an alternative mount or paint it or.... something.
There are lots of commercial spaces where the black would work very well, but not as many residential ones (for most people at least).