Has Anyone Here Tested the SD1A203T-GN Yet (2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera)?

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I figured it was a star head for security like the rest of the Dahua screws so I didn't even try a Philips :wow:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@BillG What mount are you using with the camera on the right in this picture?
I bought the pan,tilt only SD 12200T GN from Andy's EmpireTech a few weeks ago. I'll let tangent do a full review when he gets it, as he is a lot more knowledgeable than I am. But I will say it is a typical excellent low-light starlite cam. I jury-rigged it (one screw) up to a wall mountView attachment 25989

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish there was a smaller wall mount option for this camera. I wasn't able to get any of the small pfb's to work with more than one screw plus the cable is really pinched behind. May end up just threading my own holes and modding a cable route to fit it to a pfb203w.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@zebrock is the cable routed behind the mount through the other side of the wall?

I wish there was a smaller wall mount option for this camera. I wasn't able to get any of the small pfb's to work with more than one screw plus the cable is really pinched behind. May end up just threading my own holes and modding a cable route to fit it to a pfb203w.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
After looking through all the available mount options, I noticed this mount hasn't been disclosed yet,
PFB-SD1A203T (Pictured Below @zebrock )

Its very similar to the
Dahua PFB203W and PFB204W

I find it better than the PFB305W in terms of neatness and integrated design

Any idea when it will be available or if anyone has already come across it?

Shows as compatible with the SD1A203T-GN even though Dahua hasn't included this as an accessory option though on their website

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@zebrock is the cable routed behind the mount through the other side of the wall?
Yes through the mount and then through the wall. But I was talking about trying to route the cable in a pfb203w. Hard to explain without a pic but on this camera the cable doesnt come out in the center of the back of the camera, it's off to the side.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After looking through all the available mount options, I noticed this mount hasn't been disclosed yet,
PFB-SD1A203T (Pictured Below @zebrock )

Its very similar to the
Dahua PFB203W and PFB204W

I find it better than the PFB305W in terms of neatness and integrated design

Any idea when it will be available or if anyone has already come across it?

Shows as compatible with the SD1A203T-GN even though Dahua hasn't included this as an accessory option though on their website
Ah that's what I need! See how it has a groove for the cable route?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah yes, that's correct, unfortunately, that just based on the orientation of that hole. You'd probably still be able to route it through behind the wall with the PFB203w mount, drill and a make new threads (as you said) to accommodate this model.
Yes through the mount and then through the wall. But I was talking about trying to route the cable in a pfb203w. Hard to explain without a pic but on this camera the cable doesnt come out in the center of the back of the camera, it's off to the side.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what I was going for, but its not listed anywhere for sale
Not even on Dahua's website, and @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) doesn't have stock it seems.
Other website suggest that it is compatible with Starlight mini-PTZ, but can't be sure unless someone is able to source it locally.

Netherlands anyone?
Dahua - PFB-SD1A203T - Customized Wall mount Bracket

Edit,
@zebrock
Website mentions this as a customized wall mount, perhaps they tapped out the threads and reselling under their label, its probably just a customized PFB203w.

Ah that's what I need! See how it has a groove for the cable route?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea I don't see it anywhere online except IPCAM-SHOP, it must be pretty new. Hopefully Andy can source them for us. Other than that issue, love the camera. I replaced a 4433 with it to watch my dogs. Luckily the wife hasn't complained about the obnoxious mount yet, I'm sure its coming though

Reaction score
One of the big reasons I haven't gotten one of these camera's yet, is Dahua's total lack of imagination in mounting options. Such a cool camera with really bad mounts that stick out like a sore thumb. Only decent way to mount it is directly to a soffit with the mounting plate it comes with. May just have to drill that ridiculously large hole for the cabling.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
From the looks of it, it may just be a PFB305W with a few extra holes tapped out in order to accommodate this mini-PTZ
Unfortunately, the model number doesn't even correspond to Dahua's model number structure.

Yea I don't see it anywhere online except IPCAM-SHOP, it must be pretty new. Hopefully Andy can source them for us. Other than that issue, love the camera. I replaced a 4433 with it to watch my dogs. Luckily the wife hasn't complained about the obnoxious mount yet, I'm sure its coming though

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the placement will matter here, in some areas the mount will really stand out whereas in other areas it just doesn't work --- its essentially reminiscent of putting a coat on a coat hanger, lol :lol:

One of the big reasons I haven't gotten one of these camera's yet, is Dahua's total lack of imagination in mounting options. Such a cool camera with really bad mounts that stick out like a sore thumb. Only decent way to mount it is directly to a soffit with the mounting plate it comes with. May just have to drill that ridiculously large hole for the cabling.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
May end up just threading my own holes and modding a cable route to fit it to a pfb203w.
If you're going to try that I'd get the older PFB200W. The top lid comes off of those so you could just drill holes for small screws and bolts,without worrying about threading. I think Newegg still sells them.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, shipped and sold by Newegg as well for $20
Dahua PFB200W Wall Mount Bracket - Newegg.com

What other cameras are compatible with the older PFB200W mount? They look very identical in appearance to the newer 203 and 204 mounts

They should have made a one size fits all for versatility regardless of size

If you're going to try that I'd get the older PFB200W. The top lid comes off of those so you could just drill holes for small screws and bolts,without worrying about threading. I think Newegg still sells them.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. Looks like that could work. Who's gonna be our Guinea pig? Lol

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got a new firmware for these.... I bought two of the SD1A203 cameras from Andy (one regular, one with wireless). Both came with PAL firmware but the non-wireless one came with a very recent firmware dated 2018-04-04 while the wireless one had December firmware. I wanted NTSC and preferably both on the same firmware so I did some hunting and did not find anything other than the December firmware. On a whim I sent an email off to someone at Dahua and they sent me the NTSC version. :)

One thing I did notice. The Internet Exploder plugin had to be reinstalled for it to display the video. It did still display fine in the config tool and the Chrome NACL plugins, just not in IE until I reloaded that one. NTSC is now the video format and I can select 704x480 as sub stream 1 and 1280x720 as sub stream 2.

System Version 2.622.0000000.7.R.R4.383, Build Date: 2018-04-04
WEB Version 3.2.1.563437
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)

This is Dahua branded NTSC firmware and has English, French, and Spanish as the languages you can select from.

This is for these specific camera models according to what is in the extracted firmware.
CA-HZ2030T-S2
CA-HZ2025T-S2
CA-HZ2012T-S2
CA-HZ2023T-S2
CA-HZ4012T-S2
CA-HZ4023T-S2
CA-HZ4025T-S2
CA-HZ2023UT
CA-HZ1023UT
CA-HZ1031UT
CA-HZ2030T-S2
CA-HZ2025T-S2
CA-HZ2012T-S2
CA-HZ2023T-S2
SD22404T-GN-S2
SD22206T-GN-S2
SD22204T-GN-HK-S2
SD12200T-GN-28-S2
SD12200T-GN-36-S2
SD12203T-GN-S2
SD29D404T-HNG-D-S2
SD29D206T-HNG-D-S2

Oddly it does not list certain cameras that it also works for. From what I have been able to determine though is that the “Mao-Rhea” firmware is also always for these models. I have confirmed that it loads 100% fine on my SD1A203 cameras.
DH—SD12200T-GN
DH—SD12200T-GN-W
DH—SD1A200T-GN
DH—SD1A200T-GN-W
DH—SD12203T-GN
DH—SD12203T-GN-W
DH—SD1A203T-GN
DH—SD1A203T-GN-W

Attachments