Has Anyone Here Tested the SD1A203T-GN Yet (2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera)?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The price of the ceiling mount for this model is super-crazy. What you can do is go into your local hardware store, and buy a metal plate with pre-drilled holes (which are about M4 diameter) and use long enough screws to hold the unit in place.
SHIPPING Cost is high, metal is heavy, using international shipping, you know~

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My thought on that - find that here in the states either as Dahua or as the equivalent from one the the dozens of Dahua OEM brands and you might find it for significantly less. On the OEM brands it does take some legwork identifying the equivalent models but on this particular model it is a bit easier since there are only a couple of models that look specifically like this. IPVM lists "most" of the Dahua OEM brands here Dahua OEM Directory

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
My thought on that - find that here in the states either as Dahua or as the equivalent from one the the dozens of Dahua OEM brands and you might find it for significantly less. On the OEM brands it does take some legwork identifying the equivalent models but on this particular model it is a bit easier since there are only a couple of models that look specifically like this. IPVM lists "most" of the Dahua OEM brands here Dahua OEM Directory
dahua OEM(No logo )model is using the international model, US one has special model No. hardware totally the same for the equivalent models, i am easy to know what US models for, can ask me for it.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here's a few photos showing how I attached my SD12203T-GN to the PFB203W Wall Mount.
Note that I used through-holes (to avoid buying a new drill tap set), and as a result the hole locations had to be carefully considered for 1) the cable feed-thru slot and 2) to avoid the internal support shoulders and to give clearance for the nuts. I also found it necessary to file down the round screw heads a bit.

20181210_150256.jpg

20181210_151958.jpg

20181210_152707.jpg

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few photos showing how I attached my SD12203T-GN to the PFB203W Wall Mount.
Note that I used through-holes (to avoid buying a new drill tap set), and as a result the hole locations had to be carefully considered for 1) the cable feed-thru slot and 2) to avoid the internal support shoulders and to give clearance for the nuts. I also found it necessary to file down the round screw heads a bit.

View attachment 37264

View attachment 37265

View attachment 37266
Thanks to @jaydeel sharing, very useful, happy new year to all!

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been out of the loop for quite a while now and am wondering how happy people have been with this camera?
I need to replace a Hikvision that keeps getting snow and rain inside and then clouding up.
I also am needing two more to put in some areas that are not getting covered. I have a bunch of 5231's and also an SD59225U PTZ. I really would like PTZ because of their ability to show more area if I need. I just can't use another SD59225U because of its large size.
I have asked this before but am asking it again. Is the picture quality of the SD1A203T-GN as good as the 5321? Thanks.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have asked this before but am asking it again. Is the picture quality of the SD1A203T-GN as good as the 5321? Thanks.
I didn't notice any difference in image quality, but I'm only using it on a front porch.

Two things I think that could possibly affect image quality:

Optical zoom. 5231 is 2.7mm-13.Xmm. This camera is 2.7mm-8.1mm. There's an option that can be enabled to allow for digital zoom after 8.1mm, but that's probably not as a clear as optical zoom. So if you're zooming far out, that may affect image quality.

IR. To me, the IR lights on this aren't as strong as the 5231's. Depending on your ambient lighting, that may also play into image quality.

I still love this camera. Anytime I hear a weird noise at night (or just want to check out the whole front yard), I love being able to manually PTZ this camera away from the front porch to see what all is going on.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is probably one of the only options out there if you want a PTZ, unless you want to buy the big PTZ which I can't do for the spot it is in.

Last edited:

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What mount does everyone recommend for this camera? I see several people have used but is one more recommended than another? Thanks.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine's mounted directly to the ceiling (using the included mount), but if I had to use another mount, I'd do the modification that @jaydeel did a few posts up.

The official mounts (like the one below) just seem too big, IMO.

I wish there was a smaller wall mount option for this camera. I wasn't able to get any of the small pfb's to work with more than one screw plus the cable is really pinched behind. May end up just threading my own holes and modding a cable route to fit it to a pfb203w.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk