Has anyone tried Axxon next

john230873

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been looking for a good NVR software system and to date I've looked at
Zoneminder
Spy
milestone

The one that fits most of the boxes is Blue Iris as it has multiple zones, can set profile remotely outside the application.
What it is lacking on for me is Multi zone triggering (e.g. different type of trigger for each type of zone triggered ) and I need to be able to store the alerts off site in case the internal gear is stolen. Form what I can tell I need upload the whole clip (not only the alert) or pictures. As I'm using one drive to be the offline storage this is a lot of data.

This made me go looking again and I came across Axxon which seems a great system and also free for 4 channels. It isn't that I don't want to pay but if I do I want the application to do most of what I would like, small offline foot prints is important.

Which comes to the question has anyone used this and what did you think as it seems a very powerful system but there doesn't seem to be that much documentation on it with sample of systems setup?

From the time I've spent on it already it doesn't appear to be as straight forward as the other but I think in the end it might achieve more (for me) than Blue Iris.

My list of wants :)

4 cameras (3 *5mp 1 * 640)
Outside cameras stay on all the time but only triggers alerts when inside is turned on
Inside camera only comes on when I trigger from a url
Outside camera have different trigger zones with different triggers (zone one only record, zone 2 email, zone 3 txt).
recordings from alerts should be small and sent to the cloud.

Any thoughts