Has anyone used iSpyConnect with Huisun?

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've connected iSpy to my mini PTZ 10x camera, mostly for controlling the PTZ. The default DIGITAL PTZ control sort of works, but is not very responsive.

iSpy has a big list of camera make/models but Huisun isn't listed. Although the "DIGITAL" mode works, I was trying to find another combination that might have better performing control.

Has anyone used iSpy with the Huisun cameras? Is there another make/model that is compatible which I can try to use?

I've used the web-based control but I don't quite like the browser-based controls. This is mostly because I'm running with a tablet (MS Surface Pro 4) and things like tapping the screen two or more times has a bad user experience (zooms in the browser). So running a program rather than a browser would have a much better user experience.

I've also tried iVMS but on the tablet that doesn't work too well either. As far as a user interface, iSpy seems much cleaner... but I'm having these issues with responsiveness on the PTZ controls.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Ricardo

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Does iSPY support ONVIF profile? This is how camera works in other apps.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does support ONVIF but it didn't seem to work, not sure why

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In blue iris I use generic (H264)for video stream(Hikvision should work also) and hikvision/abus/Swann for PTZ controls. I don't know anything about ispy but the Huisun uses Hikvision protocols.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I tried Hikvision but then when using the Hikvision config what it provides is a set of presets on the PTZ control window.

How is the blue iris user interface, is it simple and functional? I'm really only looking for simple and functional PTZ, not a bunch of other features.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I tried Hikvision but then when using the Hikvision config what it provides is a set of presets on the PTZ control window.

How is the blue iris user interface, is it simple and functional? I'm really only looking for simple and functional PTZ, not a bunch of other features.
BI can be pretty complex on the PC. The android version connects to the PC running BI. It's fairly simple but you have to set up the PC.

I have used ipcam lite before to connect to the huisun and it worked fine.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI can be pretty complex on the PC. The android version connects to the PC running BI. It's fairly simple but you have to set up the PC.

I have used ipcam lite before to connect to the huisun and it worked fine.
ipcam lite also supports PTZ controls?