Have broken CP.AI - help please?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been happy with CP.AI for some time but saw a recent post suggesting that YOLOv5 6.2 is more accurate than YOLOv5 .NET, especially having a T600 with CUDA11.7. So I uninstalled CP and reinstalled but now it doesn't work with either and I don't know how to fix it. Example below why I decided to have a go:
CP.AI V5 .NET example.png

My plan was for YOLOv5 6.2 to be step one and then make further improvements eg use main stream if available etc but have fallen at the first fence. I've gone back to what was the working YOLOv5 .NET and taken several snapshots (below). I know it's not going to work when the use custom model box is blank:
BI AI settings tab.png

Other screens:

AI status.pngdownloads.pngobjectdetectionnet.png

Any help would be appreciated please

Last edited:

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uninstall the module and try reinstalling. Here is a post from the codeproject forums CodeProject

IF YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM

1. Take a look at the logs in C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\logs and see if there's anything in there that screams 'something broke'.
  2. Check the FAQs in the CodeProject.AI Server documentation
If there's no easy answer, then post a message describing your setup (paste what's in the System Info tab, please), what you are doing and what you see. Make sure you've tested the server using the Explorer (blue link, top middle of the dashboard) to ensure it's a server issue rather than something else.

Always include a copy and paste from the System Info tab of the dashboard. It gives us a ton of info on your setup. If an individual module is failing, click the 'Info' button to the right of the module's name in the status list and copy and paste that info too.

Here are the latest tips for those having issues installing our latest version. Be sure you're using the latest 2.2.4.

1. You see Python errors complaining about a version compatibility mismatch in urllib.

This is a known issue due to the massive, and conflicting, dependencies in some of the modules, most notably the yolo python modules. It's safe to ignore this error.

2. Object Detection fails: Unable to create YOLO detector for model

Please go to C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionYolo\assets. You should see a set of .pt files. If not, your installer failed.

Solution Reinstall the module (see below)

3. You see any error regarding a module not starting, a package not found, something failing or shutting down.

Please go to C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules[Module in question] and look at install.log. This may point to the installation failing or something failing to be downloaded

4. I'm on Windows 10 and CodeProject.AI randomly stopped working after a Windows update

The KB5025221 update has been reported as causing troubles. If you have this update installed, try rolling it back. Microsoft has a tool to show/hide problematic updates.

5. I get "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'"

This means the module that threw the error wasn't installed fully, most likely due to a timeout.

How to reinstall a module

Option 1. Go to the install modules tab on the dashboard and try re-installing the package. Make sure you have enough disk space and a reliable internet connection.

Option 1 with a vengeance: If that fails, head to the module's folder ([app root]\modules\module-id), open a terminal in admin mode, and run ..\..\setup. This will force a manual reinstall using the install script.

In Docker you will need to open a terminal into the docker container. Docker Desktop, Visual Studio Code, or using docker attach. cd to /app/modules/module-id where module-id is the id of the module you need to resinstall. Run sudo bash ../../setup.sh to force a manual reinstall of that module.

NONE OF THESE HELP?

Post a message, ensuring you include the info we mentioned at the top of this message, and we'll dive in and see what we can do

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

Here are previous version downloads that will allow you to roll back

If reinstalling through the UI fails try this:

"Option 1 with a vengeance: If that fails, head to the module's folder ([app root]\modules\module-id), open a terminal in admin mode, and run ..\..\setup. This will force a manual reinstall using the install script."

I have never had a problem reinstalling a module using the above suggestion.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello kaltertod, many thanks for your helpful reply. I haven’t yet found the solution but am working on it. I realised that the .onnx modules had not extracted, presumably because the file BITE67 had a .tmp file extension instead of .zip. So I was able to change and extract.

I hadn't ever visited CodeProject’s forum but now looking a post of only a few hours ago, I see that SiliconOxide has an identical YOLO error log. I hope to see a reply soon. Looking at my log, I’ve had a few goes at editing the ObjectDetectionNet.deps.json file using Notepad++, changing version 1.4 to 1.7.1 and False to True etc. Although I get different error logs, it’s clear that I don’t have sufficient IT knowledge…

I didn’t understand the Option 1 - opening a terminal in the modules folder\setup. Could you make that easier for me to understand please?

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stop the CPAI server, windows key + S type "cmd" without quotes, right click and click run as admin.

Navigate to install directory for CPAI/modules/.NET (eg. c:\Program Files\Codeproject*\modules\*.Net) and type ..\..\setup

This will force a manual re download and reinstall of the module external to the the CPAI interface

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
same problem. did the reinstall aswell bot the net module won´t work. switched to 6.2. Slow, but working.