Have i bricked my 2cd-2132 Camera?

JamesT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few Hikvision ds2132 cameras and went about updating the firmware on them. First two worked great and updated fine. Last one was very slow when trying to copy the file davinci.tar back over and my FTP (winscp) crashed and timed out, worked great on the first two.

I cannot now not see the camera in SADP and when i went into iVMS i had to manually enter the camera (192.168.0.55 ip i gave it before updating) and username/password. It's now given a different serial number DS-2CD-Min-System0120140827CCRR47784**** which looked like nothing like the first one. These were 5.1.0 and was updating them to 5.1.2

It has also changed the version number to V4.0.8build 140610 which again not seen before.

As there is no hard reset button on these (unlike the bullet) what is the best course of action for this now?

I've seen a few posts about going into ivms and remote config but getting the error HCNetSDK.dll(23) not supported.

I winscp back into the camera and now there are no folders there at all, not sure if this is a glitch or it has completely wiped the camera after freezing.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Reaction score
Hello James T,

I am having the same issues you have identified. Were you able to fix the problem?

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys take a look at the sticky section, this is so simple either tftp the firmware back on or use the mtd recovery guide, even if you never changed any files the processes are still the same.
your camera is running in its basic min-system mode its not brick at all.

Reaction score
I tried the tftp approach a few times using the 5.3 firmware but still getting the mini-system. I just took a look at the mtd recovery guide you mentioned and since I don't know anything about mtd files or whether I have them, I am not sure that approach applies to me. I am going to try to upgrade the firmware using 5.2.5 and the tftp approach again. Thanks for your replyl

Reaction score
I was able to install 5.2.5 using tftp but it is Chinese. If I do the 5.3 firmware update from the U.S. website, will it change to English? Thanks