Have to regularly Reset PTZ Settings or the picture gets all blocky and un-optimized

cloneman

n3wb
Reaction score
Some of the picture or focus settings in the PTZ menu seem to get changed over time, and I resetting the camera in the PTZ menu fixes it.

What settings are getting changed? Does it do some kind of auto-calibration ? how can I fix this?

I have these cameras:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer and nothing else. Not edge with IE tab or IE compatibility mode, but plain Ole Internet Explorer.

That camera is really sensitive to other browsers and using anything other than IE can cause this.

cloneman

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer and nothing else. Not edge with IE tab or IE compatibility mode, but plain Ole Internet Explorer.

That camera is really sensitive to other browsers and using anything other than IE can cause this.
I'm using a Dahua NVR to access the camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, but you still have to use Explorer. Setting the settings in the actual NVR is the problem. Best practice is to access the actual camera GUI through IE. Experience has shown that setting parameters in the NVR results in the issues you are experiencing. The NVR is always looking to the camera for the settings, but if they are set up in the NVR, experience has shown they don't carry over to the camera and then issues happen.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui, but doing this will give you full access to some other features the NVR may be blocking, but will hold the settings this way - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png