Having issue with Loryta SD29204UE-GN

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping to perhaps be provided support from a camera that I purchased from the Amazon store on October 29, 2019. The camera has developed an issue where it begins to repeating frames for many seconds at a time on live view. This is also what is being recorded. The camera worked fine until about a month ago. Since then I have replaced all cabling and just recently hooked it directly up to different points on my POE router. After about a day, the issue comes back. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Brock

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a very short video of what is occurring.
Does this occur on video recorded to the cameras SD card? It may be an issue with your network, camera settings or BI.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does occur on video recorded by Blue Iris. I do not have a SD card in the camera. Other cameras on my network are working perfectly. I have done the typical BI updates, but have not touched anything in the camera itself or BI settings. Thanks for your help so far.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It does occur on video recorded by Blue Iris. I do not have a SD card in the camera. Other cameras on my network are working perfectly. I have done the typical BI updates, but have not touched anything in the camera itself or BI settings. Thanks for your help so far.
Install an sd card to rule other the other possibilities. Post the cameras web interface video settings as well as the blue iris record tab settings.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure where to find the camera web interface setting but will look. I inserted an SD card, but other than it making a DVRWorkDirectory and Filenum files there are not yet any recordings. I am going to have to read up on how to set that up. Unfortunately while messing with settings I restarted the camera in BI and now the symptoms will likely be gone for a while. Thanks for the help again.

Attachments

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did get the internal recording set up on an SD card so we will need to give it some time for the issue to reoccur.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did get the internal recording set up on an SD card so we will need to give it some time for the issue to reoccur.
now that you can access the camera, post the video settings from the camera.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, it started doing it again, however, it seems to only be doing it in blue iris, not the cameras onboard pages or recordings. Attached is the video settings from the camera itself.

Attachments

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To give an update, I did a change a from constant bit rate to variable bit rate and have not yet (knock on wood) had the issue. Perhaps a blue iris bug?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Try to flash the firmware using this link.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just flashed the firmware to the newest, so thank you. I also put went back to constant bit rate to see if the firmware may have fixed the issue. Oh, its really nice not having to use a plug-in!

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had the same issue, so reduced the max bitrate to ~6,000 (from ~8k).

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thought I would post a final status - I have not had any issues after selecting a generic ONVIF camera stream in the blue iris system. So definitely a blue iris issue with this camera.