Having issues getting audio to work with NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Johmei

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there. I just installed a security camera system for a friend of my father and I've been having some trouble getting audio to work. I'm quite experienced with networking and low voltage cabling (although some knowledge probably was lost over the years), but as far as the camera systems go, I have practically zero experience. I was able to get it set up easily enough, find the cameras, and have it recording 24/7 as well as accessing it remotely (actually have another question on that, probably best to make another thread). But the audio doesn't seem to be working. I enabled audio under the encode settings for both the primary stream and sub streams, but when viewing it remotely, it has a little "x" over the speaker icon and we hear nothing. I'd be interested to hook up some speakers to the NVR to see if there is live audio and/or recorded audio, but there isn't a traditional 3.5mm output, nor are there clearly and indistinguishably labeled RCA or BNC jacks. There are two RCA jacks labeled in and out. Seems straight forward enough, but it's only labeled MIC in and MIC out so...I'm not sure. I've also tried connecting directly to the cameras. I connected a PC directly to the ports and it dished out an ip on the same subnet as the cameras, but when I tried to use the config software that came with the cameras on a disc, it couldn't find them. I'm at a loss at this point. I've been googling, reading, searching. Not sure what to do.

The NVR model is: NVR5216-16P-4KS2E
Camera Model is: IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Thank you very much for your time!

Johmei

n3wb
Reaction score
In smartPss or the NVR web interface, you click on the speaker icon to hear the audio. In smartPss the "x" goes away, on the NVR web interface the speaker icon changes color.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. The X is greyed out. Nothing happens when it is tapped. Although the mobile app is the only thing we've tried it on. I suppose I should give it a shot with smartPss. I didn't know the NVR had a web interface, though. These were not units designed for use in the states and the directions, as well as the local interface, can sometimes be a little confusing. The CD may contain smartPss though, so it's something to try.

Last edited:

Johmei

n3wb
Reaction score
But if the audio is working at all, should it not work in the mobile app? The app that we're using is "Lechange", previously known as easy4ip.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
  • With Internet Explorer or Chrome with the extension IE Tab installed.
  • Go to the NVR's IP address.
  • Follow any prompts to install plugin's.
  • Click on Preview.
  • Choose the camera and Stream on Left side.
  • Now should have a picture.
  • At the top of the picture, there is a small speaker Icon, click it.
  • Turn up your volume and see if there is sound.
  • If you hear sound, then it's something with the app.
  • You might try clearing the cache and data for the app, and try again.
  • While still in the NVR Web Service.
  • You can also click on Setup, then Registration.
  • In the window that appears, under the heading "Web Browse" click on the Blue E.
  • The cameras interface should now appear, Log in to the camera.
  • Now go to audio tab, and check that the "Noise Filter" is disabled.
Hope that helps.

Johmei

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply! The audio works as intended from the chrome app. I guess it is an issue with the phone app then. But I have a related, yet separate issue with the Lechange app. It won't let more than one user access the cameras remotely. Is there any way to allow more than one user to view the camera stream from the phone's mobile app? I'm currently unable to test the app as it's bound to another account.

Also, there seem to be several different Dahua apps available for mobile. Do they all work the same? Which is the best, if any?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Johmei

n3wb
Reaction score
You should give gDMSS (android) or iDMSS (ios) a try.
Thanks! I actually tried that very one out and I really liked it. But when I tried to login via the easy4ip, it was giving me an invalid username or password error. I used the exact same username and password that I used in the Lechange, and if I understand correctly, it's using easy4ip service. Any ideas? Thanks!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually tried that very one out and I really liked it. But when I tried to login via the easy4ip, it was giving me an invalid username or password error. I used the exact same username and password that I used in the Lechange, and if I understand correctly, it's using easy4ip service. Any ideas? Thanks!
Create a new account? :)

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would disable all that easy4ip stuff and install a vpn. No f-ing around with accounts and way more secure..

Read up on vpn here: VPN primer