Having Issues gettting one specific camera to trigger motion

C.S.Tech

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 7 camera project at home that I'm slowly building and I currently have 3 of the 7 total cameras installed. I have 2 Amcrest IP8M-TD2683EW-AI cameras and a Reolink POE Doorbell camera all successfully set up in blue iris. One of the Amcrest cameras and the reolink doorbell detects and triggers motion fine but the main Amcrest camera (watching my front door) only detects motion but never triggers. I have been through the camera settings back and forth, up and down. I have compared the settings to the working Amcrest camera and can't seem to find the issue. I have rebooted the "non-working" camera, rebooted blue iris server, even went as far as rebooting the poe switch (just for sh*ts & giggles) but nothing works. Anyone else experience something similar to this and maybe found a solution or could offer some insight that I'm maybe overlooking?

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a 7 camera project at home that I'm slowly building and I currently have 3 of the 7 total cameras installed. I have 2 Amcrest IP8M-TD2683EW-AI cameras and a Reolink POE Doorbell camera all successfully set up in blue iris. One of the Amcrest cameras and the reolink doorbell detects and triggers motion fine but the main Amcrest camera (watching my front door) only detects motion but never triggers. I have been through the camera settings back and forth, up and down. I have compared the settings to the working Amcrest camera and can't seem to find the issue. I have rebooted the "non-working" camera, rebooted blue iris server, even went as far as rebooting the poe switch (just for sh*ts & giggles) but nothing works. Anyone else experience something similar to this and maybe found a solution or could offer some insight that I'm maybe overlooking?
Terminology is important. You say it “detects motion” but “never triggers.” In BI, detecting motion is a trigger; an alert follows a trigger when alert conditions are satisfied. Maybe post screenshots of your trigger and alert settings for the camera.

C.S.Tech

n3wb
Reaction score
Terminology is important. You say it “detects motion” but “never triggers.” In BI, detecting motion is a trigger; an alert follows a trigger when alert conditions are satisfied. Maybe post screenshots of your trigger and alert settings for the camera.
I have attached a screenshot of the motion sensor settings for the camera in question and have outlined what I mean when I say detects motion but doesn't trigger. I've also attached a screenshot of the reolink doorbell motion sensor settings detecting motion and triggering. The alert settings is the last photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try simple instead of edge vector

C.S.Tech

n3wb
Reaction score
So I found the issue as to why the motion sensor was activating "sense" and "motion" but not "trigger." After slowing down and actually reading the settings options and exactly what they do, I discovered that having object detection selected > then having "only trigger when......object crosses zones" selected(see attachments) will do just EXACTLY what it says and ONLY trigger when an object crosses from one zone into another zone. After removing this option, I was able to get the motion sensor to "trigger" within an isolated zone.

Attachments