Having Issues With Connection to Network

Reaction score
So we started our home out with a 192.168.1.x network using Ubiquiti Unifi & EdgeMax and we just changed over to a 10.0.0.x network. We have 3 cameras around the house that are set statically and I cannot login to them to change over to dynamic or at least a new IP. I also purchased another (that being a Dahua Turret) and it's stuck in a 192.168.1.x system. I have tried plugging the camera straight into a Ubiquiti POE and the LAN into my laptop and it gives my laptop (MBP 2017 15") an IP but cannot find the gateway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So we started our home out with a 192.168.1.x network using Ubiquiti Unifi & EdgeMax and we just changed over to a 10.0.0.x network. We have 3 cameras around the house that are set statically and I cannot login to them to change over to dynamic or at least a new IP. I also purchased another (that being a Dahua Turret) and it's stuck in a 192.168.1.x system. I have tried plugging the camera straight into a Ubiquiti POE and the LAN into my laptop and it gives my laptop (MBP 2017 15") an IP but cannot find the gateway.
The easiest thing to do would be to change your new router to your old subnet. Or depending on the other cams you have you can use their manufacture config tool which often can find cameras across subsets and change ips. Finally, you can plug the camera in to a poe switch and plug your pc into the same switch. Nothing else. Then change the pc ipv4 address to 192.168.1.100. You will now be able to hit the cameras...this is explained extensively in several threads.