Having second thoughts about a new purchase

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by Austinl, Jul 20, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Austinl

Austinl n3wb

I’m in the process of building a small square house and need some cameras while it sits. After reading a bunch I like DS-2CD2345FWD-I. I want to put one in each corner of the house. I was also thinking of a doorbell or intercom camera also.
    What do you guys think of this camera the reviews are good but would you get something else.
    My nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away so the only light would come from the house if I leave a light on or the moon.
    Almost forgot I live 1000 miles from build site and only go out once a month. And the system will be running on blueiris.

upload_2019-7-20_8-10-41.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. crw030

crw030 Known around here

Is that house level?

Serious question,tho, internet at the house or going self contained, local recording only I presume?

OldBobcat and bigredfish like this.
  3. Mike A.

Mike A. Getting comfortable

I have one of the 2345s and an earlier 2335. They're good cams. No real complaints. I got mine real cheap but if buying retail for the money I think that I'd go with the Dahua 5231/2231/4231 instead (which I also have). Really won't go too far wrong with any of those though if your priority is low light.

4. Austinl

Austinl n3wb

It was till my mother in law came over and decided to sit in one corner of the house.

Satellite internet only. With only 30 gigs a month and only 15 mbps. So yes local recording. I’m thinking of 2-4 tb hybrid ssd. Maybe a detached hidden HD in case someone steals the server. I’ll be getting alerts for movement to check the cams to call the neighbor or police if necessary.

bigredfish likes this.