Having trouble configuring Dahua IVS

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all. Starting off, this is my setup (all from Andy, and all with updated firmware):

Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

Cameras so far:
1. IPC-t5241-as-pv 2mp 2.8mm (same as IPC-hdw5241h-as-pv
2. IPC-e3541f-as-m 5mp 2.8mm (same as dh-ipc-hdbw3541f-as-m)
3. IPC-t5442tm-as

Anyway, I'm using the web GUI. All cameras on Cat6 direct to NVR. All of them have "IVS Smartplan" activated.

FIRST ISSUE:
Now, taking Camera 1 for a start. It has the active security stuff (warning flashy light and voice warning). I have gone to AI>Parameters>IVS, and have drawn a tripwire plan. It is set to bi-directional and appears blue in the picture. It needs some refining, but it does indeed trigger the tripwire and records an incident that will appear in the "Search" function. So far so good.

The problem is that, despite setting the (IVS>Parameters>camera audio/light&schedule) parameters, the system either a)doesn't save my settings, or b)seems to save them, yet doesnt seem to follow them.

As an example, I have the tripwire set to only trigger overnight, and set to flash the light only, yet it tends to both flash AND use the vocal warning, and it does this 24/7. It seems to ignore time parameters (the time set on the NVR is correct)

SECOND ISSUE:
Camera 3 also has the tripwire drawn and set as per above method, however it does not appear in the "Search" function when the rule is tripped (no colours at all on the timeline)

What am I missing??

Thanks Brains Trust!
Mat

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there!
NVR's are sometimes a bit sturdy in passing on these IVS settings from the NVR gui towards the underlying camera. It worked fine with my systems with v3, but now on v4, some do get "saved" (like you write), but some don't. And if you tick some boxes, they aren't propagated well.

What can you do?

Go in the NVR webmenu top left bar menu, open the camera list and press the IE icon. Login to the camera webgui itself, and configure IVS like you would have done in the NVR. You'll see your tripwires/settings (eg recording/touring/...) propagated upwards to the NVR. Make sure you tick the record/snapshot/mail/... configuration PER IVS rule. The NVR will follow.

If you configured all camera's adequately, then move back to the NVR GUI and configure all the required schedules for the camera's: Recording (and optionally snapshots).

Re-iterate to your tripwires whilst viewing the live view screen, and hopefully that works!

Happy Camming!
CC

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Cat, but tell me, how do I log into the camera GUI. Having trouble with that bit.....

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Cat, but tell me, how do I log into the camera GUI. Having trouble with that bit.....
Hai,

I've uploaded for you this screenshot:
nvr-camera.jpg
So you first click top left, the menu opens and you pick "camera", and then below right the IE icon.

If you click, you'll have a new windows poppingup (or your browser might block that and you have to allow it).

Hope this helps!
CC

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now, taking Camera 1 for a start. It has the active security stuff (warning flashy light and voice warning). I have gone to AI>Parameters>IVS, and have drawn a tripwire plan. It is set to bi-directional and appears blue in the picture. It needs some refining, but it does
Hello,
I have got about the same surveillance configuration at home.
Could you tell me how you provide details about "warning flashy light and voice warning" with t5241 camera?
Regards,
DD

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there!
NVR's are sometimes a bit sturdy in passing on these IVS settings from the NVR gui towards the underlying camera. It worked fine with my systems with v3, but now on v4, some do get "saved" (like you write), but some don't. And if you tick some boxes, they aren't propagated well.

What can you do?

Go in the NVR webmenu top left bar menu, open the camera list and press the IE icon. Login to the camera webgui itself, and configure IVS like you would have done in the NVR. You'll see your tripwires/settings (eg recording/touring/...) propagated upwards to the NVR. Make sure you tick the record/snapshot/mail/... configuration PER IVS rule. The NVR will follow.

If you configured all camera's adequately, then move back to the NVR GUI and configure all the required schedules for the camera's: Recording (and optionally snapshots).

Re-iterate to your tripwires whilst viewing the live view screen, and hopefully that works!

Happy Camming!
CC
Hello,

Could you help me with about the same problem?

I'm using the next configuration:

The NVR5416-16P-4KS2E and two POE cameras HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 and HDW5442TM-AS connected to NVR CAT6.

I setup IVS rules on cameras level and I can see/edit these IVS rules on NVR level.

In the NVR level I set the next IVS settings Log + Report Alarm + Send Email for both cameras.

Could you tell me I have to setup Send Email on NVR or camera level?

Is it possible to use Motion Detection wih IVS rules simulteniously and should setup them on NVR or camera level?

Right now I receive email + snaphot photo only from one HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 camera but I've not received any notification from second camera .

Should I setup SMTP configuration on the cameras level?
Right now SMTP configuration is configured only on NVR level.

Regards,
Denis

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Denis,

I never setup smtp on the CAMs, only on NVR. And as your first cam does send out emails, it should be OK for the second.

What I discovered on my HDW is that ticking the "email" checkbox in the IVS rule on the NVR did NOT propagate well towards the camera itself. So login on your HDW and tick "email" in each of the IVS rules. Save and try the IVS trigger again.

Hope this helps!
CC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve found it best to make ALL settings (image, encoding, exposure, IR, Backlight, IVS, MD) and changes on the cameras themselves. Upon a reboot of the NVR it will adopt the settings from the cameras.

Making setting changes on the NVR does not always push them to the camera well. Going back and forth from NVR and camera on settings is asking for problems in my experience

On a “P” or PoE NVR you have to setup email on the NVR. The cameras plugged into the PoE ports can’t see the Interwebs to send mail as they are on a subnet not connected to your router. You still need to tick the send email box on the camera. The NVR us also where you should setup all recording schedules.

Yes you can run MD and IVS simultaneous, but set them up on the camera.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve found it best to make ALL settings (image, encoding, exposure, IR, Backlight, IVS, MD) and changes on the cameras themselves. Upon a reboot of the NVR it will adopt the settings from the cameras.

Making setting changes on the NVR does not always push them to the camera well. Going back and forth from NVR and camera on settings is asking for problems in my experience

On a “P” or PoE NVR you have to setup email on the NVR. The cameras plugged into the PoE ports can’t see the Interwebs to send mail as they are on a subnet not connected to your router. You still need to tick the send email box on the camera. The NVR us also where you should setup all recording schedules.

Yes you can run MD and IVS simultaneous, but set them up on the camera.
Thank you for information.
Could you tell me if I want to setup the cameras writing to NAS then I have to connect NAS to the same NVR also?
I can't connect NAS to 192.168.255.255 network because cameras are in the another subnet, can I ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im not a networking guy and I dont play one on TV, so this is worth exactly what you paid for it, but...

Yes I think you're correct. IF using an NVR with built-in PoE then the cameras are on an otherwise unreachable network 10.1.1.x

IF however you connect the cameras to an external switch using your LAN network, then from that same switch to the NVR, you could in theory have the NVR record (or not) as well as pull the streams to the NAS