Having trouble installing Boobie Cam on 137

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have PFA137 mounted under the eave and trying to attach the HDBW4231F-E2-M to it.

First off, there are a sh*t ton of plugs (power, audio in, audio out, ethernet, and alarm wires) and the length of the cable is super long. I cut off the power adapter but might need audio in and out.
Second, there is a rubber gasket that goes in-between the 137 and the camera.
Third, trying to tuck all the wires, trying to prevent the gasket from falling off, and screwing it in upside down while holding the camera and trying to not drop a screw is next to impossible

I've tried 3 times and I can't get this thing mounted. The 137 mount is not very deep which is also a problem.

Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.

dahua-pfa137-dahua-pridavny-limec-pre-dome-kamery-ipc-hdw_ie78024.jpg

Yorgi

n3wb
Reaction score
For starters use a magnetized screwdriver or bit driver to prevent screws from falling during the install. Whia makes a great manetizer that will turn any standard screwdriver magnetized.

Can you shove all the unused cables up through the center hole into the eaves and leave only the Cat6 to be coiled up in the PFA137?

One thing I did once when mounting to a pole where all cables needed to stay in the junction box was neatly wrap cables into a circle the size of the box then zip-tie them so they stay neat. The zip ties prevent everything from unwinding during the final step when closing up the box with screws.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

I used a couple of something like these in a low ceiling garage parking lot. I've wrestled with that PF137 before. not much room. You can get a variable drill bit and make your own hole in the back to pass the cable.

Reaction score
One note on using a magnetized screwdriver, is many types of stainless steel screws and bolts won't magnetize due to the low amount of iron in them. The screws/hex head bolts that came with my PF-137 mounts were in this category. Yes, I did lose several of them in the grass and that meant I needed to find replacements. They are M4 x 10 hex screws, and you can get them in a variety that will work with a magnetized screw or nut driver.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Pro Tip: Install a wire / cable to the junction box and the other end can be secured to the camera with what ever method you require. Anyone who has ever installed a dome camera knows the dome is secured with a bungy cord / strap. This same method can be applied as a solution to facilitate that one hand install.

Lastly, applying 3M double sided tape to the JB / camera base will allow you to position the housing. Than, you can begin the process of taping in the screws with both hands and not have to worry about holding the camera / JB base all the while on a ladder 15-32 feet in the air while its -35'C, wind chill -45'C, and snow blasting side ways!

Dropping JB, screws, dome lens, to an entire camera assembly is the just the worst all the while on a ladder!

A drop cloth (moving blanket) in the immediate area along with a apron catch are none standard tools that have saved my bacon thousands of times.

Grab any type of apron and at the bottom of the apron apply some Velcro (sewn in). The other side depending upon the wall material / over hang will be suspended by Velcro, rope, etc. From below it looks super stupid if you're a bystander but the guy using the apron catch has never dropped a a screw, never mind an entire camera assembly 40' feet using the apron catch. :thumb:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good idea, except the boobie cam doesn't have a bungy cord/strap, so if this is the only dome camera they have installed, they don't know about that on larger dome cameras LOL.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Good idea, except the boobie cam doesn't have a bungy cord/strap, so if this is the only dome camera they have installed, they don't know about that on larger dome cameras LOL.
I think you're missing the point of how to facilitate a one handed install . . . If the JB is already in place all he needs to do is install a cable / wire / rope / whatever to the base of the JB. On the other end he can simply tie it to the cable or somewhere to the camera assembly.

Doing so would allow him to do anything else while up on the ladder and freeing up one or both hands. :thumb:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I got your point, I was pointing out your inaccurate statement LOL.

Re-read my statement. What I was referring to was you mentioned "Anyone who has ever installed a dome camera knows the dome is secured with a bungy cord / strap" and I was pointing out that this particular dome camera does not have that, so to a NOOB like the OP, he has not seen something like that so wouldn't have that knowledge to draw upon on how to apply it to a different install.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Duct Tape!!!!!!!!!!!!! Connect and weatherproof with the camera attached to a lanyard to the box. Once done with that, duct tape the camera in place, install screws, remove duct tape.

Another thought might be Alien Tape. That will hold fairly well and can be removed with a twisting motion. It is a little on the thick side though.

You've got to think outside the "box". ;)