Hazy Ring

chadskie

n3wb
Reaction score
With IR on, you may be getting some reflection off of that beam. There could be an issue with the camera or it may just be placement.
I think it's the placement :-\ . Swapped it out with a brand new camera and it was almost worse than before. Blocked some of the light from the below sconce and it almost all disappeared. I do somehow have a smudge on the inside of the glass, too. Not sure how that got there and if it's adding to the issue. Looks like I'll need to move it into the dark area above or block the light on that side of the fixture.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
How is the new cam at night with all nearby lights off and IR on?

chadskie

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up moving the camera over as suggested and the reflection is basically gone, looks way better :D . I can deal with the light on the right as it's not too bad. Thanks for all the help and ideas to get this fixed.

gabe323

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up moving the camera over as suggested and the reflection is basically gone, looks way better :D . I can deal with the light on the right as it's not too bad. Thanks for all the help and ideas to get this fixed.
I have the same camera and the same issue so I just moved it around to decrease it as much as possible. I sometimes run it with IR off since there's another camera near which also puts out some IR in the same area. I think it's just that style of bullet since I never had any IR reflection issues with my last two Hikvision bullets.