HCNet developers out there: I'm trying to remotely config my camera but...

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We created a python project by using SDK, devices that have port 80 closed, then we send the Isapi request with SDK over port 8000, that's also possible, if some SDK commands are not available

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah Ok... then sdk doesn't stand for software development kit?
Ok now I see I can type the ISAPI commands in my Browser thats a communication over port 80.
I use the ISAPI commands over Port 8000 in my programm. Maybe for my usecase it's easier to use the communication over port 80... I will think about it.
Thank you for this :).
Could you tell me what is ISUP?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lets put it this way.

Difference between Server with SDK and server with ISUP is that SDKapp server needs direct connection to device over certain port and port opening on client side.

ISUP or ehome is server whereas ports are opened on serverside and each device inside its settings have an option to stream data/settings to either hikvision cloud hik-connect, or to your own server ehome/isup

Not all hikvision devices are yet supported with ISUP protocol. But most is. Also this doc is old 1 for ACS, theres for video/alarms aswell

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah ok thank you :thumb:. I think that enough for the beginning :-D. But if I will work more with it in the future I know what I've to look for.