HD-SDI Camera with Coax Cable - How to Convert to IP?

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently plan to replace my HD-SDI system with POE; however, there is 1 HD-SDI camera + coax cable that I will not be able to replace with Cat6.

Is any of the methods possible and if so which is the best and how would I accomplish it?
1) Utilize the HD-SDI Camera + Coax cable and convert the end to ip to the Dahua NVR which has built in POE with some sort of converter/adapter somehow?

2) Purchase a IP camera and convert each ends of the coax cable to IP somehow and then hook it up the Dahua NVR which has built in POE?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently plan to replace my HD-SDI system with POE; however, there is 1 HD-SDI camera + coax cable that I will not be able to replace with Cat6.

Is any of the methods possible and if so which is the best and how would I accomplish it?
1) Utilize the HD-SDI Camera + Coax cable and convert the end to ip to the Dahua NVR which has built in POE with some sort of converter/adapter somehow?

2) Purchase a IP camera and convert each ends of the coax cable to IP somehow and then hook it up the Dahua NVR which has built in POE?

Thanks
if you intend to use a Dahua NVR, then look at dahua Epoe capable NVRs and cameras. This will allow you to use the ip camera over coax using a special adapter on both ends. You can also use a dahua pentabrid nvr that will support both cvi and ip and use cvi in that one location. Finally, there are devices such as this that allow poe/ethernet over coax HIGHWIRE POWERSTAR - Ethernet and POE power over RG59 video coax

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you intend to use a Dahua NVR, then look at dahua Epoe capable NVRs and cameras. This will allow you to use the ip camera over coax using a special adapter on both ends. You can also use a dahua pentabrid nvr that will support both cvi and ip and use cvi in that one location. Finally, there are devices such as this that allow poe/ethernet over coax HIGHWIRE POWERSTAR - Ethernet and POE power over RG59 video coax
I plan to purchase NVR5208-8P-4KS2

If I buy these Dahua EoC Transmitter/Receiver, I should be able to utilize my Coax cable and hook it up to a Dahua camera?
Accessories/EoC Transmitter/LR1002 1ET - Dahua Wiki
Accessories/EoC Receiver/LR1002-1EC - Dahua Wiki

Or do I need an EoC Passive Converter
Accessories/EoC Passive Converter/LR1002 - Dahua Wiki

tupanafull

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks
Could i ask why are you replacing HD-SDI? I was told its exactly like IP with no lag... But maybe more options with IP .

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying a 4 channel system and I wanted more and better cameras so I went with IP. Quality is much better and I'm and to do more configurations.