HDBW8331E-Z Firmware

ArnoldCat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a IPC-HDBW8331E-Z that I bought some time ago, and for various reasons am only now looking at setting it up.

It is running firmware version 2.420.0000.17.R, build : 2016-03-13. I remember that the advice always used to be to not update the firmware as you risk bricking it, but it appears that might have now changed as Dahua are now publishing firmware on their website (due to recent security issues)?

So, is it safe to try updating the firmware? Searching for the model number on Google links to either the Australian or Indian Dahua websites, so I assume it is not a Chinese version so should be ok to flash?

If so, which version do I get? Is it [PAL]DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nova_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.600.0000.14.R.20170830 from here:

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/support/downloadCenter/firmware?id=111&child=161

Otherwise, if it is a Chinese version, then I guess I need to get reading the Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware thread?

Thanks

ArnoldCat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but I cant get it to upgrade. I get an error:

File unmatch, Upgrade failed! Some functions have been closed,reboot device now?

I have tried both the PAL and NTSC versions, and tried via Firefox and Chrome, and the Dahua Config Tool and SmartPSS. Tried using a Mac and a PC. I have reset to defaults. What am I doing wrong?

The Dahua firmware link states IPC-HDBW8331E-Z5 rather than IPC-HDBW8331E-Z. Would that matter?

Thanks