HDMI Cables are not all the same - if you are pushing 3840x2160 (8MP)

Reaction score
BACKGROUND:
I upgraded my CCTV system lately after being robbed and they also stole the DVR.
As I previously owned a 720p system for years I wanted to move to 8MP and a NVR instead of a DVR.
Due to my recent circumstances my wife suggested we hide the NVR inside our filling cabinet instead of having on top of the desk where it got stolen the first time.
That sounded like a good idea but has posed new challenges in getting it right.
One of those challenges may sound simple but easily overlooked, even by the support techincians local in country support by Dahua.
This issue is with the HDMI cable pumping date at 3840x2160 (4K)
The cable that came with my NVR (September 2019) 4K S2 model was 1.5 meters long and works like a charm.
So moving the NVR to inside my filling cabinet which was at the opposite side of the room I needed a 15ft (5M) HDMI cable.
ISSUE:
I bought a normal cable and all I got was a boot screen and after the beep a blank screen.
After talking with techincal support it was determined to be a resolution issue.
I confirmed this by using the OEM cable and works fine.

Investigation and Resolution:
I went and bought a 4K HDMI cable (CL3) doulbe sheilded, etc. but it did not work.
After reviewing the web from one end to the other I seem to have found that not all 4K HDMI cables are not made with the same capability. Maybe for TV's its fine but for CCTV systems it seems that the requirements need to be higher.
Normal 4K TV HDMI cables just won't cut it at this resolution.
I bought an 8K HDMI 15 foot cable from eBay which fixed my issue.

I hope you find this post of use for you.