HDW4300c audio sample

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this sample...its not bad if all you want to pickup is someone near the camera....

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed I had my sub stream super low too. Sorry about that. It probably would be okay for a door camera I suppose. But I was speaking up- not shouting though. Depending on the volume of the person talking, it could be better or worse.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can understand if it was an indoor rated camera, than you would most likely need audio in a room or something. BUT, this is an outdoor camera with IR. Dahua should expect it to be outdoors in an
open area. That mic should be much better than that! I still have not received my cameras of this model yet to test out, but does it have an input for an external mic?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be the only way. No included hookup. We are all acustomed to the gain of even the cheap cctv mics, which I have always used and loved. I can pick up conversations outside my front door from an upstairs back bedroom, it's that sensitive. Not even sure a gain control would help the mics in these cameras. It's simply not a powered mic. I could do a major audio boost on the footage in a video editor though, if need be.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am kinda tempted to try to hardwire a powered mic into it.. you can get some really tiny powered mics and I am sure there's a pad in there with 12v..

I dont need to retain waterproof where its installed, the only way its getting wet is if my first floor and basement are under water and I live in a desert where its dry..

have you opened yours up? I wonder what they did to waterproof the mic and perhaps its muffling the pickup.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera is getting 48 volts to it, you can't say it's not getting enough power to power a mic. That's just disappointing, that's all.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have that same camera from nellys setup above the front desk of a hotel. Only thing I can hear is the phone ringing. Picture is great, mic sucks on it. I'm disappointed I got rid of the analog microphone to put it in.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On a good note, at least we all know that we don't have a defective camera, cause they all suck! LOL

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ya I didn't even listen to the samples. I knew it was gonna be garbage. Wish they just put a spot for an external mic on it

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Compare this result to my original video with audio. So, if I compress the audio after the fact, it gets a heck of a lot better and is usable-

This is the other file where not only did I compress the audio, but I realigned it for proper lip sync.

This was a burning hot day I recorded this goofy crap and I had to wear long sleeve and pants cause I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes at the time! Thank you me for this effort! lol