He never sees it coming, guy gets beat down with a club (NOW WITH ARREST FOOTAGE)

WimNL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True - probably back on the streets before the officer is done with his shift :(

And that is what is crazy with some of these criminals that get killed by the police - if they didn't try to run or flee or struggle, they spend a few hours before they are out...
True and everywhere the same... Don't forget that many times an officer gets killed by that kind of criminals....

Sphinxicus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you can do it, but have to comply with their requests for erasure? You could hide it. No one would ever even know its there.
I'm afraid there is nowhere to hide it that doesnt involve a silly amount of work. Property has about 5 foot to the pavement and no shrubbery or area where a random box would hide it. Believe me, i've given it a lot of thought as it would give me great pleasure to capture a plate from one of these scumbags.

Not only would i have to comply with erasure, but also requests for footage that they are present in. If they walk their dog twice a day past my place, then i have to provide it all to them free of charge thanks to the crazy GDPR rubbish that the EU forced on us. "Ain't nobody got time for dat"

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), under Article 15, gives individuals the right to request a copy of any of their personal data which are being ‘processed’ (i.e. used in any way) by ‘controllers’

These requests must be responded to free of charge and in an accessible form, and controllers should seek to facilitate access requests being both made and responded to easily, including electronically where appropriate and where the individual wishes.
It's typical of the over-regulation of the EU. Their one-size fits all approach to such things doesnt take into account incidents like the OP captured in this thread where CCTV footage is frequently asked for by the police but (as has been the case here in Ireland in a kidnapping court case) the CCTV footage that captured the event can be challanged and may be inadmissible depending on how it was captured and how the police requested the data.