Headache with IPC-HDW1830t-S6

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this camera connected to my NVR working fine.
I need to move the NVR and I am having huge problems trying to change the ip.
The NVR won’t let me change the ip.
My network is on a different subnet so I have done the trick (which I found here) with the laptop setting the ip4 address to create a network to connect to it, but try as I might that just isn’t working and wireshark isn’t seeing any traffic.
I had the same problem with another camera and once I performed a reset it appeared on the network and I was able to get control of it.
But, this camera doesn’t have a reset button and I cannot find a reset switch on any of the boards in the camera.
I’m totally out of ideas and just wondered if anyone did please?
Many thanks

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
Thann
This IP you're wanting to change...
  • Are you talking about the NVR's LAN IP ?
  • Or one of the camera's IP?
  • Is this a POE NVR?
Thank you. It’s the camera’s ip and the NVR is POE. The NVR will need to connect to the network but not directly to the NVR through a POE injector

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It’s the camera’s ip and the NVR is POE.
If the camera is plugged into one of the NVR's POE ports then it is assigned an IP on a private network by the NVR.
The camera will be a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.
The NVR will need to connect to the network but not directly to the NVR through a POE injector
This is not clear, however....
If you mean to connect the camera to the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and NOT be connected to a NVR POE port, then the camera would be powered by a POE injector and assigned a unique static IP on the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and outside of the router's DHCP pool.

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera is plugged into one of the NVR's POE ports then it is assigned an IP on a private network by the NVR.
The camera will be a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.

This is not clear, however....
If you mean to connect the camera to the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and NOT be connected to a NVR POE port, then the camera would be powered by a POE injector and assigned a unique static IP on the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and outside of the router's DHCP pool.
Sorry. The camera will be connected to my network and will therefore need to have a static ip on the same subnet as the network powered by the POE injector - as I have done with the other camera I have. Certainly at this stage the camera isn’t obtaining an IP from anything other than the NVR which as you say has its own network. The problem is simply that I cannot get access to the camera, I’ve tried the tricks to get access through assigning a static ip on the same as the default subnet but it isn’t working. I hope that is clearer Thank you

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you see this "problem" cam's live view on a monitor attached to the NVR?
If so, can you go to the NVR's camera menu and look for a big blue e, likely to the far right of the line?

Last edited:

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you see this "problem" cam's liev view on a monitor attached to the NVR?
If so, can you go to the NVR's camera menu and look for a big blue e, likely to the far right of the line?
Yes I can see it on the NVR (Dahua) and enter the settings but the ip setting is greyed out on the NVR

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you see big blue e ?
Thank you. I’ve looked everywhere I can in the menu system but I cannot see a blue e anywhere. Please can you let me know where it should be? Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
Please may I thank you all for your help. I was enormously grateful as I was able to get hold of the camera and assign a new ip to it.
I have now ordered a better NVR and some other cameras and bits too. These forums have been incredibly informative.
Thank you again

MrBits

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m resurrecting this thread as it seemed to make a lot more sense than re-posting. Having spent some time on the forums I’ve bought a new 5442 camera. It’s is plugged in to the NVR so has its own network address on the NVR. Now, as above I have the blue e which in theory will enable me to access the camera to set a static ip on my network but it simply won’t work. Clicking the e launches a browser (I’ve got edge set to ie mode) but it won’t connect to the ip which is on the NVR range. If anyone please has any ideas I would be most grateful thank you