Headless NVR Configuration & Administration?

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Aug 1, 2017
Houston, TX
Can a standalone, appliance-style NVR (Dahua or Hikvision) be configured initially and administered as a headless (without a monitor, keyboard or mouse) device?

Thanks,

R

I dont think so... I've always had to use monitor/mouse for initial setup

Yes, You can configure and use Dahua NVRs totally headless..
No need to connect any monitor/mouse at any stage...

on Dahua modern NVRs, web-interface is almost a copy of HDMI interface..
there are some differences here or there, but 95% of functions (especially when You had installed webservice on Windows) are the same in all modern browsers..

Can a standalone, appliance-style NVR (Dahua or Hikvision) be configured initially and administered as a headless (without a monitor, keyboard or mouse) device?

Thanks,

R
I'll venture to say "yes" but then accessed via its webGUI over the LAN or remotely (WAN) via VPN on a router.

Apologize if I misunderstood. Certainly I manage NVRs via the web interface, but initial out of the box setup??

Apologize if I misunderstood. Certainly I manage NVRs via the web interface, but initial out of the box setup??
Yes, I concur that monitor and keyboard needed initially to set up, then accessed without them using webGUI via network...I took the OP's "configured initially" as that, maybe I am wrong in doing so. :idk:

ps. most professional installers doing many installations every week, never even connect NVR to any monitor/mouse..
everything is done from notebooks..

ps2. You can initialize NVR from config tool.. or other NVR :)

I'll have to learn how to do that! On Initial setup out of the box, didnt know it was possible before the initialization steps of assigning network details, country etc...

Last edited: