Hello All from Texas

POGO54

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I took the dive into video surveillance and added Three cameras running on Blue Iris (BI). Since downloading BI I have been trying to understand ALL of the setting to make the cameras perform like I had hoped to accomplish. I have to say the BI form (not this one) was found to be horrible especially the webcasts that thankfully ended in 2022. Thanks to The Hook Up channel on YouTube I have a greater understanding of the various settings and how they should be applied. Rob (presenter) comments regarding one question on troubleshooting lead me to find this forum which is vastly more informative that the BI form.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I took the dive into video surveillance and added Three cameras running on Blue Iris (BI). Since downloading BI I have been trying to understand ALL of the setting to make the cameras perform like I had hoped to accomplish. I have to say the BI form (not this one) was found to be horrible especially the webcasts that thankfully ended in 2022. Thanks to The Hook Up channel on YouTube I have a greater understanding of the various settings and how they should be applied. Rob (presenter) comments regarding one question on troubleshooting lead me to find this forum which is vastly more informative that the BI form.
Welcome! I'm looking at making the move to a PC-based VMS later this year. May be Blue Iris or maybe Frigate (or another Linux-based VMS). Blue Iris looks like it has all the bells and whistles but I'd prefer a Linux solution.