Hello - Blue Iris Stored folder question.

Xantom1973

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are my settings for New and Stored Folders. I am using a 240GB SSD, and a 4TB WD Purple for storage. I can't seem to figure out why my Stored folder hovers right around 1TB I would like it to store around 3TB. Probably something simple I am missing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are my settings for New and Stored Folders. I am using a 240GB SSD, and a 4TB WD Purple for storage. I can't seem to figure out why my Stored folder hovers right around 1TB I would like it to store around 3TB. Probably something simple I am missing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

You probably didnt' allocate enough of the E drive to hold it all.
There is no reason really, to to be moving files around. Record them all to new.
Put the new folder on the E: drive, just leave BI and DB and windows on c.
Allocate all the space on the E: drive except for approx 100mb, leave that amount free.
Be sure to read the wiki at the top of the page.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm curious, if you click on status, upper left of BI screen and go to Clip Storage, what does that look like?

Xantom1973

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

I allocated all available space through disk management. I will be honest I didn't notice the drive was actually storing more data since the last time I made tweaks to the settings, a few weeks ago. It now appears to be holding more data. Sorry for the false alarm, it looks like I might have jumped the gun with this post. I will keep an eye on it.

I do have one other quick question. Are "Limit Size" and "Limit Clip Age" only active when "Do NOT monitor free space(for some NAS)" is checked or are they independent of that setting. The indentation makes me wonder.