Hello everyone from California...

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've read stuff from this website in the past as I was configuring my home automation and surveillance system, but haven't gotten involved. However, I've been meaning to up my game and join the community.

I've been running Blue Iris 5 for a year and a half, and it's been extremely reliable. Initially running a two-camera system off a spare i5 mini pc, I have since upgraded to run Blue Iris in the background on a new desktop Ryzen 5900X system with a Nvidia RTX3090 GPU. I have 7 IP cameras attached to the network now, mostly Amcrest 4k POE cameras. The only problems I've had so far have been minor network issues of my own creation.

Obviously, this system has a lot of headroom to have fun with AI like Deepstack, and I intend to start looking into it.

My home automation setup is relatively modern, using Hubitat as the core and a collection of Alexa devices which all work well together. I've been able to configure camera alerts from Blue Iris to trigger virtual motion sensors inside of Hubitat. Other than that, I've had no luck bringing the Blue Iris / Amcrest components into my larger home automation network. A personal pet peeve is how I can't access my Amcrest cameras through Alexa and Fire TV video devices, particularly my AD410 doorbells.

A project for the new year is to start digging deeper into this forum and maybe figure a few solutions out and have some fun along the way.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've read stuff from this website in the past as I was configuring my home automation and surveillance system, but haven't gotten involved. However, I've been meaning to up my game and join the community.

I've been running Blue Iris 5 for a year and a half, and it's been extremely reliable. Initially running a two-camera system off a spare i5 mini pc, I have since upgraded to run Blue Iris in the background on a new desktop Ryzen 5900X system with a Nvidia RTX3090 GPU. I have 7 IP cameras attached to the network now, mostly Amcrest 4k POE cameras. The only problems I've had so far have been minor network issues of my own creation.

Obviously, this system has a lot of headroom to have fun with AI like Deepstack, and I intend to start looking into it.

My home automation setup is relatively modern, using Hubitat as the core and a collection of Alexa devices which all work well together. I've been able to configure camera alerts from Blue Iris to trigger virtual motion sensors inside of Hubitat. Other than that, I've had no luck bringing the Blue Iris / Amcrest components into my larger home automation network. A personal pet peeve is how I can't access my Amcrest cameras through Alexa and Fire TV video devices, particularly my AD410 doorbells.

A project for the new year is to start digging deeper into this forum and maybe figure a few solutions out and have some fun along the way.
if you were unaware, Blue Iris does work with a MQTT broker. That may help things out.