Hello from Alabama, USA

396Fab

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings! Running 4 security cameras, two Reolink, two Amcrest, and Blue Iris CPU / Deepstack on an i7 machine with 8gb ram, 1TB SSD, and 4 TB HD. I have much to learn, my video quality and triggering need much improvement. Grateful for this resource. Just ordered an NVIDIA Quadro P600. I have 3 more 8gb sticks of matched DRAM, but my PC won't boot when I try to add one or more, so some troubleshooting to perform there as well. (Asus MB).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome!

Video quality will improve once you upgrade the Reolinks LOL :lmao: . Further many reolinks have issues with BI with regards to motion.

i7 means nothing - what is the generation number of the processor (4xxx or 8xxx, etc.)

Here is the unofficial master thread showing the issues with reolinks, both from an image standpoint (at night with motion is where you need quality) and the issues with BI:

396Fab

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome!

Video quality will improve once you upgrade the Reolinks LOL :lmao: . Further many reolinks have issues with BI with regards to motion.

i7 means nothing - what is the generation number of the processor (4xxx or 8xxx, etc.)

Here is the unofficial master thread showing the issues with reolinks, both from an image standpoint (at night with motion is where you need quality) and the issues with BI:

Hi, and thanks! :) Yeah no doubt, the Reolinks were a bad decision. Stuck with them now. PC specs:
i7 - 6700 @ 4GHz
Win 10
8gb DDR4 @ 3200 (32gb if I could get it to boot with them installed, another project for another day)
Asus Maximus VIII MB
Samsung NVMe 1TB
4TB HD
Thanks for the link on the Reolinks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK the 6th gen is more than capable. You probably only need 16GB or RAM.

Post examples of the triggering you are having issues with. It is certainly a settings issue (disregard the reolinks at the moment LOL).