Hello from Canada!

Stdaver6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!,

I just wanted to stop in a say a brief thank-you to everyone on the forum for helping me navigate through the sometimes confusing world of IP Cams. This has been a tremendous resource and I appreciate the work those have done and are doing to help the less informed/ignorant. I definitely fall into both of those categories at times.

I am from BC Canada and I am putting together a system of approx. 10-13 T5442-am/ze cams which translates into, from what I hear, 20-26 cams in reality. I am impatiently awaiting my first delivery of 4 cams from a guy in Hong Kong named Andy who apparently has the best deals and customer service? ;) I couldn't pass up the memorial day sale. I have no willpower! They shipped insanely fast. Thanks, Andy! Come-on DHL!!

Anyways, thanks again, everyone. Now I just need to get BI and get my feet a little wet and I should be good to go!

Cheers,

Steve

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

You'll find that video/surveillance cameras can easily turn into a full time hobby! Welcome to the rabbit hole :rofl:

Stdaver6

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. It's pretty amazing, I went from potentially buying 2 reolink cameras to getting a costco set to buying a hikvision complete set to individual cams with separate NVR and finally settled on individual dahua cams with BI, in a matter of 2 months. I am happy I didn't pull the trigger on any of the aforementioned before I stumbled upon this site. At least costco has a good return policy!!:rofl:

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, 5 years ago I purchased an NVR from LaView and was pretty excited. But it was not long before I disabled all alerts as the system alerted on just about anything. Reviewing the footage became tiresome. With BI I find that it records all movement and I can review it if desired, but with the AI coupled with better motion detection options I can get alerts that really mean something.

For example, after getting BI, I gets alerts on my phone faster than the delivery people can press the door bell
Also, I now know if someone enters anywhere onto my property whereas with my old NVR that was simply impossible.

Stdaver6

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, 5 years ago I purchased an NVR from LaView and was pretty excited. But it was not long before I disabled all alerts as the system alerted on just about anything. Reviewing the footage became tiresome. With BI I find that it records all movement and I can review it if desired, but with the AI coupled with better motion detection options I can get alerts that really mean something.

For example, after getting BI, I gets alerts on my phone faster than the delivery people can press the door bell
Also, I now know if someone enters anywhere onto my property whereas with my old NVR that was simply impossible.
I hadn't thought too much about the alerts available through BI. This sounds incredibly power and look forward to playing around with this for my property. We recently moved into a rancher on a corner lot where anyone can easily access the front and back yard. The house also has 4 exterior doors so it would be nice to know if anyone was at these locations right away. We also do not have our dog anymore that barked at ANY noise/movement, so we are feeling a little vulnerable. Functioning alerts would be a huge help for us.