Hello from Cape Cod, MA. USA

ScottSNE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Name here is Scott and the location is Marstons Mills MA, a village in the town of Barnstable on Cape Cod. A friend of mine enlightened me to Blue Iris. What a great piece of work it is. I'm combining an Anran 8 port camera DVR and 1 Sricom IP camera. Planning on moving to a 16 port DVR in the near future; I like the hardwire approach moreso than the IP camera approach. Fun stuff; this is a combined hobby/home security type project I've had in various incarnations for many years. The software is the icing on the cake.

I'm a tech geek and a long-time ham radio operator and radio hobbyist. I run a regional website catering to the radio hobby at Scan New England .

I'm also a weather geek so I send weather data from an AcuRite weather station to Weather Underground, and I'm now using Blue Iris to upload webcam photos every minute to accompany the weather data. Of course the weather station is wireless, and I already regret approaching it from that angle, but when it works it does a pretty good job.

Weather Station and Webcam are at: Sand Shores Association Weather | Personal Weather Station: KMAMARST4 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

Blue Iris is fantastic; it was nice to be able to test for a few days prior to buying the full version, but it is so easy to use and intuitive there was really no question for me about 1/2 hour into the testing.

Thanks in advance for the obvious abundance of data I'll be able to learn from in these forums.

Scott

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, @ScottSNE, sounds like you are in the right place here at IPCT. I also have a weather station and am feeding WU weather information, which in turn I feed into Blue Iris with a program I built called Blue Iris Tools. Check it out, you will probably like it.

Lynn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Name here is Scott and the location is Marstons Mills MA, a village in the town of Barnstable on Cape Cod. A friend of mine enlightened me to Blue Iris. What a great piece of work it is. I'm combining an Anran 8 port camera DVR and 1 Sricom IP camera. Planning on moving to a 16 port DVR in the near future; I like the hardwire approach moreso than the IP camera approach. Fun stuff; this is a combined hobby/home security type project I've had in various incarnations for many years. The software is the icing on the cake.

I'm a tech geek and a long-time ham radio operator and radio hobbyist. I run a regional website catering to the radio hobby at Scan New England .

I'm also a weather geek so I send weather data from an AcuRite weather station to Weather Underground, and I'm now using Blue Iris to upload webcam photos every minute to accompany the weather data. Of course the weather station is wireless, and I already regret approaching it from that angle, but when it works it does a pretty good job.

Weather Station and Webcam are at: Sand Shores Association Weather | Personal Weather Station: KMAMARST4 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

Blue Iris is fantastic; it was nice to be able to test for a few days prior to buying the full version, but it is so easy to use and intuitive there was really no question for me about 1/2 hour into the testing.

Thanks in advance for the obvious abundance of data I'll be able to learn from in these forums.

Scott
I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get Blue Iris to upload my pictures from my Amcrest camera. When I click on my cams, view website all that comes up is the flawed link to Amcrest. Did you change the settings in Webstarter to get it to work? I'm not all that techy but this shouldn't be that hard!

ScottSNE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Lynn,

I'm sorry for the response delay; I need to check in here more often. Here's how I got mine to work. I upload to WU via FTP. Assuming you're using Blue Iris, try the below:

1. In settings under FTP server, I added the FTP credentials for WU.
2. Then, in the camera properties (right click on the camera and select that option)
3. Select Post.
4. I clicked the "Post JPEG's option in the upper left.
5. Clicked Post Files to an FTP server and then selected my Weather Underground option as created in step 1.
6. Made sure that the profile I use (I only use #1 for now) was selected, and then clicked OK.

With those settings it worked immediately for me.

Again, sorry for the delay, and Happy Holidays.

Scott

Lynn

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks, so much for giving me the steps. I really appreciate it.