Hello from Florida

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been creepin' the past few weeks as I recently made the dive into the world of IP cameras. I was hoping I could just get all the info I need from reading but now I have about 10x more questions lol. I've come a long way from my 1080p night owl (temporary for a rental) to my Lorex 4K (from costco). I was under the impression FLIR was reputable but after a lot of reading I'm a little... very... paranoid. Ideally I was looking to drop about 1.5-2k on a system but let's just say that didn't fly with the wife :slap:

Thanks to Nayr's 'VPN Primer for Noobs,' I have my VPN setup on my Asus ac66u running Merlin. I've also read all the reviews and threads about starlights and will hopefully be ordering a couple in the near future to get all 8 channels up and running. Although I think it's fair to say it's proven that the 2mp starlights outperform the 4ks, I'm still having a hard time swallowing that pill.

Well in my immediate future I'll be looking to lock my NVR and cameras down, at least as well as I can and get some feedback on my current setup/best way to go about it. Thanks for all the info you guys have already provided in all your other posts! See you around.

Kpog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

And yes the Dahua Starlights are pretty amazing. You could always add a "Daytime" 4k camera for added resolution.