Hello from Perth, Western Australia

ssshonky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone :wave:

I have an established CCTV setup using BlueIris that has been going well and running stable for few years now. All my cameras so far are Dahua, but I am looking for a new PTZ with some decent zoom.
The PTZ Dahua I have now seems to "drift" and the presets never seem to return to where you set them. Also only 4x Zoom and I wanted more.

Long story short; what's a good brand to go for that will give me a good zoom range ( Probably max I would need is 18x-20x ) and a good clear picture?

My budget is pretty modest but could probably go to $200 Aud. Looking for one of the golfball shaped camera that hangs down from a mount.

The camera I currently have is a Dahua DH-PTZ11204-GN-P

I did try searching before posting but got a bit overwhelmed at the amount of different cams that are being talked about.

Hopefully this brings out a series of answers that will help me make a good decision. I already have POE to the site that I want to mount it at so not really keen on Wifi, but can use it if there is no alternative.

Thanks in advance

Sean

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Have a look at this one, available with auto tracking but only from Andy, EmpireTec, AKA @EMPIRETECANDY

It's being phased out now that 4MP is becoming the "standard" but is still a very good 2MP PTZ.

ssshonky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Gents, Thanks for the prompt reply. That 1st post looks promising and gives me something to go on. I would rather not use that vendor though ( had a bad experience that I won't go into here )

@Tony, yeah I might need to throw in a few more clams to get something decent but just thought I would put the feelers out.