Hello from SoCal

Jeebs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just registered today but have been lurking the past few days. This forum is a great wealth of information.

I have been interested in a home security system for many of the same reasons as most of you - general security, package thieves, etc. However, my desire for a home camera system has been amplified recently. My dog was attacked by what the vets believe was a coyote. We regret not having a camera system to see what exactly happened and how and where it entered our yard.

I started looking at the systems sold at big box retailers and Costco. However, after reading this forum and other websites, it seems that the problems with those systems outweighs the benefit of any discounted price. I am now looking at piecing together my own system but each time I think I've got it figured out, I have more questions.

I look forward to exposing you all to my inexperience in the near future!

Cheers,

Jeebs

nhracecraft

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome aboard!

Very Sorry to hear about your dog....Hopefully he/she will have a quick and complete recovery.

FYI - You are not unique in your plight. I thought I was ready to pull the trigger a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm currently working on v3 of my system design! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: